Moving to Melbourne. Recommendations for rental

Debs

Hi there,

Im currently considering the short/let, furniture ship, then securing of a longer term rental. Move planned for end Sept/early Oct.

Any recommendations for particular real estate agents?

Anyone managed to get approval before moving out to speed the process?

Any recomendations for a short let?

Thank you :jiggy:

Guest Priscilla101

If you look on travel republic for holiday lets you can secure something before you arrive. As for renting you need to be there to provide Id

We've been here for about two weeks now. The first 5 days were in St Kilda (through airbnb), then we moved across to Williamstown to be closer to my work (again through Airbnb). The place in Williamstown wasnt up to much but airbnb sorted us a full refund and we found another place in Williamstown instead. Williamstown is nice, especially south of Ferguson street. Very quiet though. Small areas around Newport and Altona are okay too. We're looking at long term in Maribyrnong on the edgewater estate which is affordable, right by the river and not far from Highpoint shopping centre or the city centre.

It all depends what you want though.

We've been here for about two weeks now. The first 5 days were in St Kilda (through airbnb), then we moved across to Williamstown to be closer to my work (again through Airbnb). The place in Williamstown wasnt up to much but airbnb sorted us a full refund and we found another place in Williamstown instead. Williamstown is nice, especially south of Ferguson street. Very quiet though. Small areas around Newport and Altona are okay too. We're looking at long term in Maribyrnong on the edgewater estate which is affordable, right by the river and not far from Highpoint shopping centre or the city centre.

It all depends what you want though.

A few days to start off in St Kilda would do me fine lol. That's where my parents lived when I went from twinkle in eye to blob in belly.

Archived