Hello.... 190 visa question

Counting Stars

Hello!

I have a question about 190 EOI.... I've recently had my ANMAC back and applied for a 190 visa. I really wanted a 189 however we know we want NSW and I got 9's in all my IELTS apart from the blooming writing which I got a 7.5 which is how I ended up with only 55 points (so applied for a 190 for New South Wales which gave me 60 points).

I'm currently an ED nurse and I was wondering if anyone had any experience as to how long they had to wait for a 190 invitation if they got one at all. I was thinking about retaking the IELTS and going for a 189 but I would rather not if I don't have to...

Any advice or help would be most appreciated. I applied under the code Registered Nurse Critical Care and Emergency (ANZSCO) 2544-15

Thank you xx

I second the above, i did the PTE Academic and found it pretty easy on the day and got a superior score so full 20 points. As for your original question i was invited by NSW 2 weeks after submissionof EOI back in December. I applied and was accepted 2 weeks later. Hope this helps.

correct me if i'm wrong, but when people go for 190 they presume they have to live and work in that state... they can live where they want. Subclass 489 Provisional Pr has conditions that you must work in a region.

go for the 190 if you have the required points IMO

Thank you for all your advice. I think I got a bit worried because I couldn't find any nurses that had written recently on any forums about getting a 190 invitation and then I was just thinking maybe I should redo and try and get the 20 points. Although looking at the alternative you suggested it looks much better than the IELTS. Will give it a few weeks and if I don't get an invitation will probably do the test and try for the 20 points which would give me 60 for a 189 or 65 for a 190.

Thanks again xx

• 2 weeks later...

Archived