Internal checks and External checks (national security checks) ??

Feejay

Could anyone with correct information help me in distinguishing between Internal and external checks for permanent visa processing ?

I got a glitch in job verification and case officer invited me to submit a comment against the glitch/adverse information received (as why department was unable to contact my employer?)

I defended my application through detailed comment and mentioned reason due to which contact couldn't be made; supported that comment by firm employment evidences; I got silence for months after submission of the comment and supporting evidences but later on was asked for fresh police clearance and health checks again;

Now upon asking current status of my application, the case officer says that my application is going through external (national) security checks

I have heard that internal check refers to your points claimed (Job, IELTS , Education etc) conducted by DIBP officer through phone calls or emails, while external check refers to background check concerning security and code of conduct of an applicant, performed by ASIO (Austrlian Security Intelligence Organization) ? please correct me if i am wrong ?

Also I would like to mention here that my employer was never contacted again by DIBP since I submitted my detailed comment and supporting evidences and later-on new medical and police clearance;

This puts a question mark as whether the internal check of my application was completed successfully or not ? If not, then why my application was pushed to external checks ? If yes , then would I be granted visa if my external checks come out with positive result ??

OR

After completion of external checks they would get back to internal checks again and contact my employer ?

Detailed response in this regard shall be highly appreciated

You have posted on a forum for British expats, none of us will have gone through external checking as it is not required for British citizens. This is a process for applicants from, what Australia classifies, as high risk countries. It is perfectly normal and can take some time depending on how quickly or slowly they receive the necessary information.

Could anyone with correct information help me in distinguishing between Internal and external checks for permanent visa processing ?

I got a glitch in job verification and case officer invited me to submit a comment against the glitch/adverse information received (as why department was unable to contact my employer?)

I defended my application through detailed comment and mentioned reason due to which contact couldn't be made; supported that comment by firm employment evidences; I got silence for months after submission of the comment and supporting evidences but later on was asked for fresh police clearance and health checks again;

Now upon asking current status of my application, the case officer says that my application is going through external (national) security checks

I have heard that internal check refers to your points claimed (Job, IELTS , Education etc) conducted by DIBP officer through phone calls or emails, while external check refers to background check concerning security and code of conduct of an applicant, performed by ASIO (Austrlian Security Intelligence Organization) ? please correct me if i am wrong ?

Also I would like to mention here that my employer was never contacted again by DIBP since I submitted my detailed comment and supporting evidences and later-on new medical and police clearance;

This puts a question mark as whether the internal check of my application was completed successfully or not ? If not, then why my application was pushed to external checks ? If yes , then would I be granted visa if my external checks come out with positive result ??

OR

After completion of external checks they would get back to internal checks again and contact my employer ?

Were your police report and medical over 1 year old?

Sent from my SM-J500F using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
On 5/21/2016 at 15:46, Feejay said:

OR

Feejay, I'm having the same questions which you have posted here. I was told that my application is undergoing internal processing when it is already the fifth month since complete application was lodged. Can you let me know what you went through since making this post? Have you got the answers?