Changes in the CSOL list

samfarren

I am in Oz on a 457 visa and my work have agreed to sponsor me for the direct entry stream 186, my skills assessment was finalised last month wi ANMAC and my employer will have done the nomination this week. With midwives being removed from the CSOL from July, will that affect my application if I submit within the next 2 weeks?:wacko::wacko::wacko:

I am in Oz on a 457 visa and my work have agreed to sponsor me for the direct entry stream 186, my skills assessment was finalised last month wi ANMAC and my employer will have done the nomination this week. With midwives being removed from the CSOL from July, will that affect my application if I submit within the next 2 weeks?

Nothing has changed for this occupation. It continues to be on the SOL and was never on the CSOL.

MODERATOR NOTE

In case people are wondering where their posts have gone, I've removed a number of replies from the general membership in this thread (and elsewhere in this section).

This is because its the Ask An Agent section of the forum (its new, you might not have heard about it therefore) and its not intended as a section where replies from the general membership are allowed. Only agents may reply here.

Please read admins post for further info on this section

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248159

Thanks in advance

snifter

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33555[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33556[/ATTACH] This is the 2015 CSOL list and midwife is clearly on the list

It seems this same confusion happens every year when the new lists are released.

The above is a table on the Immigration Website used for simplification, it is not the Law.

The SOL and CSOL are specified in the Migration Regulations by the specific "Ministers Instrument in Writing" which changes regularly.

None of the occupations on the SOL appear on the CSOL. These lists are relevant to a number of visa subclasses and The "Ministers Instrument in Writing" specifies which list applies for specific purposes.

For some subclasses such as the 186 the SOL and CSOL lists are both used together.

Archived