Mental Health nurse and family needing advice

lisab

Hi all, I'm so excited that we have been granted our 189 visas, however now serious planning starts ...... I have registered with Australian nursing agency and looking to move within 30minutes of Melbourne as I have been assured this is where the work is. The areas I have looked at are werribee where I have found rental properties for $300 per week (3 bed). This is short term until we find our feet, however I do need to bear in mind that my 15 year old son will need to be close to a good secondary school...... what are your opinions of werribee?. Any advice is much appreciated.

Hi. I am new to these forums but would like to Help. I have been in Melbourne for 10 years. I must admit I don't know Werribee that well, but I just wanted to put it out there that should you get work Eastern side of the city that it an be a nightmare getting across the Westgate Bridge.

Hi Lisa,

I cant help with suburbs but just to let you know I was down in melbourne last month at a nursing expo and they are crying out for mental health nurses, so I really doubt you'll struggle to find work wherever you are :)

It will depend where you work as to what areas would suit. Melbourne is such a huge place the size of Greater London with four million people that you can live a long long way from work. A lot of people make long commutes to work. Personally I feel its better to have a reasonable commute otherwise its, work and sleep and work. The western side of Melbourne has become more popular as you say its cheaper, however there are cheaper places in other areas and it will depend where you work. Most people tend to take a short stay and then sort out a rental. As for schools there are those that you must live in the zone to attend and then there are others where this is not such a problem. Have a look at realestate.com.au, domain.com.au and the public transport site and this will give you an idea of how the suburbs are arranged.