First steps…Need a chat to someone (suffolk)….Any recommendations?

Michael Junior

My wife and i and children are beginning the very first steps of thinking about the move. Ideally we are planning on living in NSW alongside friends, but i would like to chat to someone first, to see if it would be a reality before we summer there. Can anyone recommend a good company/person to talk about the very start of all this. Thanks in advance..In East Anglia.

Hi Michael, just thought I'd say hi. My husband and I are also in Suffolk! We are currently putting together docs for our visa application and planning a move to Brisbane with our two young children. I couldn't personally recommend a professional to speak to as we have been doing all the research ourselves, although have decided we will use an agent for assisting us to submit our application once we are ready. This site is a really helpful place.. I think they'll be a few on here who can recommend agents to talk to. I believe Go Matilda have a good reputation to name one. Good luck and will probably see you on here again!

Hi, we are in Ipswich, and using Go Matilda for advice, although we used them mainly to assist with form filling, and process, however we are happy so far with their services, so if you want to speak to an agent contact @Alan Collett, who I am sure may be able to assist. Good luck with your journey.

Hello again. thanks for your replies. There are no medical issues. We are fit and healthy and i am the main money earner/Share holder in large family business..My wife is a qualified teacher and i am operations director for the company …i have a lot of driving/plant qualifications and 3 a-levels and good shareholdings value behind me, but not Degrees etc.. do you think this will affect things drastically?

Hello again. thanks for your replies. There are no medical issues. We are fit and healthy and i am the main money earner/Share holder in large family business..My wife is a qualified teacher and i am operations director for the company …i have a lot of driving/plant qualifications and 3 a-levels and good shareholdings value behind me, but not Degrees etc.. do you think this will affect things drastically?

If your wife is a secondary teacher with four years of tertiary education then she is probably the better main applicant and is where I would start.

Your background sounds more complicated, you would first need to pinpoint a specific occupation that you fit into. Driving qualifications, A Levels and share holdings are completely irrelevant. Degrees are necessary for some occupations not others, that is why you would need to identify one you can apply under.

Agree with Bungo. If your wife has 4 years of higher education such as degree + PGCE and the relevant experience, then it is likely to be simpler for her to be the main applicant. If not, then it may get a lot more complicated. In which case it would be good to speak to a good registered migration agent. There are a number that post on here regularly such as Go Matilda and Wrussel.

I would also suggest you research things such as jobs for you both. Teaching can be very variable by subject as to the demand for it / jabs available and the likelihood of you getting a suitable role.

Archived