Job offer in Melbourne

Amzlou84

Hi all! My husband has been offered a job with his current employer, in Melbourne. We are excited but anxious. We have 2 children aged 8 and almost 3. We will be coming on a 457 visa for 4 years. Any help/advice/thoughts greatly appreciated. I am interested in steiner stream education for our dayghter so have been looking in areas where they have schools that provide this. Ive looked at Bentleigh East and Mornington. Any other schools anyone knows of?

I am a midwife. I will want to start work at some point buy not straight away. Will Mornington be too far out for me to find a midwifery job? My husband will be working from home so we dont need to be exceptionally close to the city.

TIA for your responses.

Thanks for reply. Not yet be because i cant apply until the visa has been processed. We are currently in that process. I am degree qualified. I have an ex colleague who recently moved to perth. She said registration took her 10 months?

10 months seems severe.

But APHRA are painful.

Maternity suites in

The Bays, Mornington And Frankston Hospital. Others are obviously around, but further away.

I guess it wouldnt be too hard to get agency or bank shifts at either when registration comes through. Although The Bays may want commitment of weekly availability. They did when OH asked about bank for general nursing a few months ago.

Great, good to know, thank you. Ideally i would like bank work as my husbands job is field based. Sometimes he may have to go away for a few nights. So bank suits. My aforementioned friend said you have to have proof you have caseloaded 10 women in order to do bank work? Ive been a labour ward midwife and am currently a community midwife. We are really interested in Mornington so would be delightef to find employment there.

Great, good to know, thank you. Ideally i would like bank work as my husbands job is field based. Sometimes he may have to go away for a few nights. So bank suits. My aforementioned friend said you have to have proof you have caseloaded 10 women in order to do bank work? Ive been a labour ward midwife and am currently a community midwife. We are really interested in Mornington so would be delightef to find employment there.

no idea,

mornington is lovely, but the water side of the highway is expensive.

• 1 month later...

Archived