processing time from 309 to 100

bobby122

I realise that you are supposedly eligible for 100 around 2 years after applying for 309 if you are in a continuing relationship. But I did read previously this is now taking longer.

Anyone had any recent experiences and how long did it take?

If I applied for 309 in December 2014 and was granted in February 2016, when can I realistically expect to get PR?

Have applied for my wife's visa and still waiting, details below:

Offshore partner visa (309/100) Submitted 18/02/14

309 granted 11/01/15

Doc submitted for 100 on 03/03/16 via "Immi A/C", but no news, Aus. immigration has refused to update on the status of the application, as per the email i have received from immigration.

Applied June 2015...and still waiting........

I learnt only a couple of weeks ago that the second stage visa was taking a long time and was shocked. They should start that process sooner if they are going to take so long!

I learnt only a couple of weeks ago that the second stage visa was taking a long time and was shocked. They should start that process sooner if they are going to take so long!

its crazy. you currently can't submit the paperwork till 2 years from the original application. and processing from then is now 12-15 months! and its randon, some people are being granted in 3-4-5 months, yet others lije us are now looking at over a year.. Having already waited then best part of a year for the original grant! We started May 2013. now looking at July 2016 at least for PR.

Seems daft...if I had waited a little bit longer to apply I could of skipped the 309 bit and gone straight to 100 anyway.

tSame here, if we'd waiter a bit longer we'd have had his PR by now, instead of which we are going home as the uncertainty of whether the timeline will just keep increasing is not worth living with.

The wait time is ridiculous. Why quote 6-7 months when its obvious that it would take that long and why not allow for a process where you can streamline visa ready applications to make it faster.

Applied for second stage since December 22nd online and no change to the status online