3 months working back in the UK,,,,, car insurance tips etc

jgt

Hey guys not been on for a while, after much thought and working like a lunatic and getting nowhere im going back to the UK for a working stint.

Construction is slow here in Perth and cost of living is killing us, Anyway, I have a letter from my last car insurer indicating my holding of No claims bonus. Does anyone know of a good insure who will recognize this as my old insurer says as it lapsed over 2 years ago they wont recognize it.

Any tips on going back appreciated,

Ps I have only had rego insurance here and yes I know its risky

Please no debates aus v uk- been there done that:wink:

I'd just call round them once you get there and see which ones will accept it. It may be given it lapsed 2 years ago they won't accept it.

IIRC we used to be with Direct Line and they accepted a no claims from overseas. As did my bank.

I'd just call round them once you get there and see which ones will accept it. It may be given it lapsed 2 years ago they won't accept it.

IIRC we used to be with Direct Line and they accepted a no claims from overseas. As did my bank.

Thanks snifter forgot about direct line they are pretty good, cheers

Aviva and Tesco also both accept overseas no claims but it doesn't sound like you'll have that anyway.

To be honest it doesn't make as much difference as you might think as insurers offer 'new customer' discounts anyway.

Archived