What's a VW Touran called in Australia?

Theevans

Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help - we're trying to work out if it's worth taking our VW Touran over to Australia next year, and need to get a red book guide price, but I can't find a VW Touran anywhere, so I'm wondering how to get a valuation?

Long story, but we're half way through a PCI payment plan, and will either have to stump up approx £4k in a years time to pay off half the deal and take voluntary termination, or if the figures work, bring it with us and continue with payments.

Has anyone else been in this situation, and can you offer advice? We're hoping to move over to Newcastle area May/June 2017 with our 3 children if everything goes to plan - very excited, but a little (lot) bit daunted too!

You see lots of Kia Carnivals and lately loadssss of the Hyundai Iload's knocking around. Maybe see if these would suit you as you may struggle with services and parts if you bring a vehicle here that isnt sold here.

Cal x

I'm not sure you will be able to export it anyway and keep up the payments, because the finance company will still have a lien on the title if not actually be holding the title themselves (I am not sure on how UK PCI deals are structured)

Think about it, their security against you defaulting on the payments is to repossess the car. They can't do that if it's on the other side of the world, so I doubt you would be able to legitimately take it with you

I'm not sure you will be able to export it anyway and keep up the payments, because the finance company will still have a lien on the title if not actually be holding the title themselves (I am not sure on how UK PCI deals are structured)

Think about it, their security against you defaulting on the payments is to repossess the car. They can't do that if it's on the other side of the world, so I doubt you would be able to legitimately take it with you

That's correct. The exporting shipping agent will usually do an HPI check to make sure it doesn't have outstanding finance on the vehicle.

Thanks everyone, I thought that might be the case - I think we're going to go with the voluntary termination option when we're 50% of the way through the contract and write off any deposit we put down on it. It's not ideal, but I can't think of any other way and best just put it down to a bad decision at the time.

Any information on second hand cars/where to buy/ approximate cost when we get over there would be most welcome. We'll need something that comfortably seats 5 plus a dog, but aren't in the slightest bit bothered about what it looks like - it's got to be reliable though, and we'd probably prefer to get something a few years old.

Has anyone got any information on where to go to get good advice, what makes have good history and easy/cheap to repair etc, just general recommendations? We're hoping to move to Newcastle area ideally.

Archived