Notarising form 888 in London

Backtoback

The people who did mine, used the post office service or got people from work (in-house legal counsel etc) to do them.

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/document-certification-service

Also, if the people writing the statements are not Australian, they don't have to use the 888,which might help with the 'foreign document' problem.

Edited by vickyplum

The people who did mine, used the post office service or got people from work (in-house legal counsel etc) to do them.

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/document-certification-service

Also, if the people writing the statements are not Australian, they don't have to use the 888,which might help with the 'foreign document' problem.

Thanks - I didn't think this was accepted though for offshore?

I had four statements - two Australians and two Brits. The Australians filled in 888, and so did one of the Brits. The fourth did their own statement. Three got people from work to sign and one (Aus) used the Post Office service. I didn't keep a copy of that one so can't check the details. This was for my 309 application in 2013.

No they both live here in the UK.

I'd deleted my post but I'll let your reply to it stay.

Who is listed as being acceptable to witness it for them? If the guidelines say X Y or Z then someone from that list should be fine. Its a shorter list in the UK IIRC but you should still have options.

If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident and

you reside outside Australia, your statement cannot be

considered a statutory declaration under Australian law, even if

it is made using this form or the template provided by the

Attorney-General’s Department. However, under policy, your

statement should be witnessed or certified according to the

legal practices of the country in which you make the

statement. Failing that, it should be witnessed by a person

whose occupation or qualification is comparable to those

listed above. This person should sign, date and specify their

occupation at the bottom of the statement."

Is what it says on the 888 form

We are having problems getting form 888 certified from one of our statement writers - can anyone help with this? Apparently the solicitors are saying they don't witness foreign documents??

The Australian High Commission on the Strand also provides notorial services for a fee and you don't have to make an appointment. http://uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/Consular1.html

like west49th mentioned. go to Australia House, £11 per signing. Its located via the passport entrance at the back. Ive been twice in the last month. Press the buzzer, wait for him to let you in. Make it easier for yourself and put everything inside your bag before getting scanned. Its nice and quick. remember its only open for witness signing for 2 hours. 9:30 to 11:30

Edited by lukescotty

Thanks for the replies everyone.

First he tried the solicitors and they said they don't notarise foreign documents, so went to the post offie who also wouldn't do it. Phoned solicitors again for advice and weren't helpful. Called the embassy who said NOT to use the 888 form but just to do written declarations which are signed by him and attach a colour copy of his passport!

So annoyingly confusing.