Medical Check

EdAndCass

Good evening (morning to all current Poms in Aus!)

I am totally new to this forum and I was looking for some help with my application. My fiance Cass and I are looking to apply for me to move over to Australia on the prospective marriage visa (subclass 300). I think we have got all the forms together, just waiting on some of Cass' family to send through their declarations etc about what a genuine and wonderful person I am ;). We are looking to apply as soon as possible and as far as possible, front load the application with all the documents that are required. We both have our police checks en route, lots of documents notarised and certified copies etc.

The one niggly outstanding issue is the health check. I can't seem to find any information about where and who to go to to get this arranged and booked in. Is there anyone out there who might be able to send me some information about where to go/how to do it? Or do I have to wait until I have actually lodged the application to get it sorted?

Any other pointers, recommendations or pitfalls to avoid with the application process would be really appreciated too!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hi, if you go to the official visa website there is info on the health examination. I would wait until you have lodged your visa application, then a hap id number is generated, you can print the referral letter from there also. The website has a list of hospitals where you can get the medical done ....... hope this all makes sense!

I just went through the process of booking medicals yesterday as my partner and I are front-loading medicals and police checks too. We know it's a little bit of a risk but we're keen to get everything through as quickly as possible.

The link below takes you to the page that explains how to arrange a health examination if you haven't already lodged your visa application. You create a "my health declaration" and then generate a HAP ID by following the steps. This ID is what you need in order to be able to book the medicals with an approved centre.

However, if you are planning to submit the application very shortly, I would suggest perhaps just waiting until that is submitted and then you will be assigned a HAP ID automatically I believe. There is also a link on that page to clarify when it is and is not appropriate to use a "my health declaration", so might be worth seeing how that applies to your scenario.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Heal/meeting-the-health-requirement/arranging-a-health-examination

Agree, we submitted our application. Got the HAP number and I had my medical.

As I'm sure you know, this doesn't speed up the process, but for me I don't do needles so keen to get it out of the way!!

I just went through the process of booking medicals yesterday as my partner and I are front-loading medicals and police checks too. We know it's a little bit of a risk but we're keen to get everything through as quickly as possible.

The link below takes you to the page that explains how to arrange a health examination if you haven't already lodged your visa application. You create a "my health declaration" and then generate a HAP ID by following the steps. This ID is what you need in order to be able to book the medicals with an approved centre.

However, if you are planning to submit the application very shortly, I would suggest perhaps just waiting until that is submitted and then you will be assigned a HAP ID automatically I believe. There is also a link on that page to clarify when it is and is not appropriate to use a "my health declaration", so might be worth seeing how that applies to your scenario.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Heal/meeting-the-health-requirement/arranging-a-health-examination

Good evening (morning to all current Poms in Aus!)

I am totally new to this forum and I was looking for some help with my application. My fiance Cass and I are looking to apply for me to move over to Australia on the prospective marriage visa (subclass 300). I think we have got all the forms together, just waiting on some of Cass' family to send through their declarations etc about what a genuine and wonderful person I am ;). We are looking to apply as soon as possible and as far as possible, front load the application with all the documents that are required. We both have our police checks en route, lots of documents notarised and certified copies etc.

The one niggly outstanding issue is the health check. I can't seem to find any information about where and who to go to to get this arranged and booked in. Is there anyone out there who might be able to send me some information about where to go/how to do it? Or do I have to wait until I have actually lodged the application to get it sorted?

Any other pointers, recommendations or pitfalls to avoid with the application process would be really appreciated too!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Just as an aside, as others have answered the medical question, but you do not need to go mad on evidence for the 300. You certainly do not need statements from family about how wonderful you are. The criteria is that you have met in person. That is all, one photograph should do it! The more detailed information would not be required until you are at the partner visa stage.