Nurse starting the process

Bon

Hi all

Would be really grateful for any advise.

Me and my husband have decided to take the leap and emigrate to Oz ? we have family there and went to visit last year so know we where we want to go (Perth). We are looking to be there by the end of 2017, we have done lots of research been to an Expo but the process seems so daunting we just don't know where to start.... I'm a registered adult nurse with 6 years experience so my husband will come on my visa which I think would be the skilled subclass 457? I know I have to register with the AHPRA so do I do this first? How long does this take? And if and once it's agreed how long does it last, then would I apply for the visas? Do I have to do the English test? How long do the visas take? How hard is it to secure myself a job as a nurse before we go?

Sorry for all the questions but it all seems so complicated any advice would be appreciated ?

My son is 19 years old and has decided not to come which is going to make the process even harder ? but he's give us his blessing and maybe after a few visits he will want to live in Oz to (wishful thinking lol)

Many thanks

Bonnie

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The 457 is not a skilled migrant visa, that is a temporary employer sponsored visa and is not designed for emigration. You are better off looking at the 189 and 190 visas which are the skilled migrant visas. Have a read about them on www.border.gov.au

Your first steps are IELTS and skills assessment. The skills assessment is carried out by ANMAC, you will need to register with AHPRA but this is so that you can work in Australia as a nurse, it is not part of the skilled migrant visa process. So u would park that for now and focus on the visa.

Once you have skills assessment, you can lodge an expression of interest with immigration and hopefully they will invite you to apply for a visa before too long. Assume you are degree qualified and have looked at your points total?

Is your son still in education? If so get a visa for him anyway, he won't be forced to move to Australia if he doesn't want to, but it keeps his options open for five years.

Hi Bungo

Thanks so much for your advise. Yes I am degree qualified and had our points tallied up when we went to the expo. When would you recommend to start all this if we are looking to be in Oz the end of 2017

Many thanks

Bon

Hi Bungo

Thanks so much for your advise. Yes I am degree qualified and had our points tallied up when we went to the expo. When would you recommend to start all this if we are looking to be in Oz the end of 2017

Many thanks

Bon

It it is hard to say as rules change and processing times change.

Would you be happy to visit before yr permanent move? If yes well I would just apply now. If you don't want to visit well then start early next year or so and hope things don't change.

Your son is another factor, you cannot assume he could get a visa later. It might be better to get it now so that you know he has it, his circumstances could change meaning next year he might not be able to get a visa with you (he might not be able to now either y haven't said if he is in education or not).

We visited Oz last year so that part of it is done (fell in love with perth). No my son is not in education he is in full time employment with the police he has a girlfriend who is also a nurse so they would be able to get there own visa.

Thank you for your advise ?

We visited Oz last year so that part of it is done (fell in love with perth). No my son is not in education he is in full time employment with the police he has a girlfriend who is also a nurse so they would be able to get there own visa.

Thank you for your advise 

OK well your timing gets tricky then. Everyone has to e tee Australia within a certain time frame after the visa is granted, so if you don't want to go to Australia again until end of 2017 it is tricky. You would just have to wait until next year befre you apply and hope the timings wirk out for you.

Are you a degree qualified nurse or diploma? Just checking as diploma nurses are no longer eligible and not everyone is aware yet.

Hi Becks22

Yes I'm a degree qualified nurse thank goodness ?

Do you know if it's difficult to secure a job prior to going?

Many thanks

Bon

OK well your timing gets tricky then. Everyone has to e tee Australia within a certain time frame after the visa is granted, so if you don't want to go to Australia again until end of 2017 it is tricky. You would just have to wait until next year befre you apply and hope the timings wirk out for you.

Yes I suppose there is no set time, think we will just start around Christmas time if it works out we go a bit later then that's fine I'm sure it will be worth the wait ?

Hi Becks22

Yes I'm a degree qualified nurse thank goodness 

Do you know if it's difficult to secure a job prior to going?

Many thanks

Bon

Good News! I'm in the process of trying to secure a job, but we are waiting on our visa and so far not a sniff, despite being well qualified. I'm hoping it will improve once I get the visa. Other nurses seem to do just fine so I think it's really hard to judge!

Good News! I'm in the process of trying to secure a job, but we are waiting on our visa and so far not a sniff, despite being well qualified. I'm hoping it will improve once I get the visa. Other nurses seem to do just fine so I think it's really hard to judge!

I can imagine the waiting is a nightmare, hopefully it will come through soon for you. Good luck with securing a job. Would be great if you could keep me updated ?

There is currently a job freeze for public workers including nurses currently in Perth. So they are not recruiting because of the mining has crashed the market. This freeze should be being lifted at the end of June hopefully.

I have just been granted my 189 visa and we fly on the 3rd July. I have provisionally got a job working in the private sector as a community chemo nurse. Very nerve wracking at the min!

Yes you need your ielts, skills assessment through ANMAC, and APHRA application before anything else.

Message away way if you need any help.

My time line is below to give you a rough idea. From completing the elts to visa being granted it was 4 days short of 6 months xxx

There is currently a job freeze for public workers including nurses currently in Perth. So they are not recruiting because of the mining has crashed the market. This freeze should be being lifted at the end of June hopefully.

I have just been granted my 189 visa and we fly on the 3rd July. I have provisionally got a job working in the private sector as a community chemo nurse. Very nerve wracking at the min!

Yes you need your ielts, skills assessment through ANMAC, and APHRA application before anything else.

My time line is below to give you a rough idea. From completing the elts to visa being granted it was 4 days short of 6 months xxx

Wow good luck in your new adventure ?your process was pretty quick then. Are you going to Perth? Did you complete the process independently or did you go with an agent? Thanks for the advise ?

Yes we are headed to Perth! Yes it's been very fast. I'm still a little shellshocked! I did it all completely independently. I couldn't justify the agent fees when I know I've got two brain cells in my head! And as it turned out I didn't need them. Our case is very straight forward though... We got our visas granted in 26 days from the visa application being submitted. Very fast.

Good luck

Yes we are headed to Perth! Yes it's been very fast. I'm still a little shellshocked! I did it all completely independently. I couldn't justify the agent fees when I know I've got to brain cells in my head! And as it turned out I didn't need them. Our case is very straight forward though... We got our visas granted in 26 days from the visa application being submitted. Very fast.

Good luck

Fantastic good luck ?xx

The job freeze isn't because of mining it's because of being over budget.

The job freeze isn't because of mining it's because of being over budget.

From what I've been told the government has over spent on all services across wa. The economy has taken a nose dive mainly due to the mining and therefore the government are no longer bringing in the revenue they were. the quickest way to recup the monies over spent is austerity measures by focusing on the public sector, ie job freezes etc.

like I say this is what I've been told but may be inaccurate??

Archived