A question for the Bunbury gang!

Guest dibdobs

Guest dibdobs

Hello, you all seem so friendly, i am really pleased i have found you so i can pick your brains ! I have my heart set on moving to Bunbury in the new year but i am not sure that my husband will be able to find work. He is a welder. I have looked on a few job sites and i've looked in your local paper (on line) but there doesn't seem to be much about. Have you got any ideas how i could check out the work situation? I am hoping that employers advertise locally and i just haven't seen the work, otherwise we will have to head for central Perth. I am really after a quiet life (as quiet as it gets with 3 boys under 6 !) and i don't like the thought of living in a big city. I hope we can chat more. The thought of having people out there to talk to is really exciting. I am sure i will think of lots more questions for you!

Deb

Guest Gingersarah

Hi Deb

I grew up in Bunbury, live in England now but will be moving back to WA sometime this year.

Might be worth looking here:

South West Personnel

You could maybe email them and ask how often welders positions come up? Their contact details are on their site.

When you are searching the net for jobs in Bunbury, trying going onto Google Australia first, and then searching from there, I just did and came up with a big advert looking for welders straight away.

Hope this is some help.

Good luck!

Sarah

Guest adey

Hi we moved to Bunbury (well live in Dalyellup 10 mins away) and alot of work here is advertised locally plus by work of mouth. South West Personnel, however, are really helpful and one of the biggest and best agencies down here. I signed up with them and got a job within the second week of arriving. I think alot of local companies use agencies to find workers and once you are here I'm sure if he drove around he'd find someone to point him in the right direction as we've found everyone here really helpful and they have gone out of their way to assist us with our sometimes daft sounding questions.

There is a lot of development work and industrial sites around the local area so I'm sure he would find plenty of work. The local Bunbury Mail and Bunbury Post advertise jobs as well but not a huge section.

Contact the lady below she is the person incharge of 457 and 176 (I think) visa's for the South West Area and she just may be able to help him find a suitable job. She's really lovely and has helped not only us but our friends who have moved here from the UK as well.

Geraldine Wilson

Project Officer - Skilled Migration

South West Development Commission

PO Box 2000

BUNBURY WA 6231

Tele: +61 8 9792 2000 - Direct: +61 8 9792 2008

Mobile: 04199 13758

South West Development Commission

Good luck in your search, Bunbury is a fantastic place to live if you want to get away from the 100 mph lifestyle of city living (not that I think you'll even get that in Perth its pretty laid back).

Any more questions feel free to ask, take a look at my previous threads as answered lots of people's questions about living here in Bunbury.

Sarah

Archived