March 2016 - 189 applicants

lisab

I thought I'd start a new thread for those who lodged 189 application in March. We have medicals booked for Saturday 16/4/16 and have just had AHPRA approved in principle. (I'm a mental health nurse). My timeline is in my signature, is anyone else waiting?

Hi, Im also a mental health nurse, lodged on 12th March and had case officer allocated. All requested stuff now submitted so here goes the waiting! Where ar you hoping to settle lisab?

I'm hoping to settle in Victoria, near to Melbourne. What about you Becks22?

Also what is the difference between 1221 and form 80, me and partner had to do form 80.

Edited by lisab

We are off to Adelaide. There is no difference between the forms really! They held the same info to a degree! I just hope they are happy and grant it soon. We want to go beginning of July so could really do with being able to get on and book everything!

Hi im a paediatric nurse lodged 28 March - front loaded everything medicals, F80 and police checks. Ive yet to hear anything, I'm really hoping I've covered everything so get a direct grant? Ive already booked flights for the 30th August to Brisbane and accepted a offer on our house this week so the wait is going to be a killer, ill need nerves of steel!!! So far the whole process has been really quick, APHRA took about 8 weeks and ANMAC about 2 weeks so will be just my luck the visa will get delayed ?

We lodged in Jan under Environmental Health Officer and our visa was issued last week. I have attached our timeline below. I know it is not March but i thought it may help people. Good luck. Just to add our application was completely straightforward, no complicated issues.

Hi, I am also a mental health nurse, I lodged my application on 22nd Feb, medical and police checks up loaded 14th March. I was also told by my agent that the current waiting time is 3 months from date of visa lodge, over half way there in that case. The wait is killing me.Good look everyone, hope they all come soon

So excited to say i got my grant this morning. Cant remember exact time frames but here goes, I'm a paediatric nurse with 60 points:

Qualified Sep 15 - Applied for APHRA approx October once pin came through - received December

ANMAC 13 Jan - came back within 2 weeks (may have helped as i included my letter from APHRA with registration in principle)

Lodged EOI Feb - Took 5 weeks and 2 rounds to be picked up

Lodged 189 visa 28 March - already had done police checks and medicals beginning of March so front loaded everything, i did personal statements to help cover any queries on my husbands job as we works away for 9 months of the year, we also uploaded F80's.

Ive already booked flights for the 30th August to Brisbane and am in talks with the children's hospital, they didn't seem bothered i'll only have 11 months experience and have requested references already. Super super excited!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have an agent too, although I got forwarded the email from the case officer, which is why I know where they are. This is my only regret of using an agent.....when I wake at 2am I can't check my emails just in case Oz has been in touch! Mind you it might be what is saving some of my sanity, although the wait has definitely taken some of it!

Still waiting .... medicals done ..... form 80s done ........ Our CO is also based at Adelaide ...... Checking emails at every opportunity ..... Going mad!!! ..... but it's only been 2 months!!

Me too!! I have been obsessively checking emails hourly for three weeks. Today I was too busy so didn't find out until nearly lunch time!! July we get to start pur adventure! Amazing, so flipping excited! Congrats on your visa too Lisa! To all others waiting, it's actually been quite quick, although it feels like a lifetime. It has exactly been a month since everything was received by them so all good for those still waiting, could be you very soon!

Hello Friends ,

Here is my details

ANZO code : 263312 ( Telecommunication Network Engineer )

Points 60 ( visa category 189 )

Skill Assessment submitted : 13/02/2016

Skill Assessment outcome : 01/03/2016

EOI submitted : 01/03/2016

EOI Invitation ( For visa 189 ) : 23/03/2016

Application for Visa 189 Submitted : 01/04/2016

Case officer asked for additional doc ( PCC , Medical and Form 80 ) : 21/04/2016

Additional Documents submitted : 27/04/2016

Anyone near to this time frame has got Grant ? any expected date to grant visa ?

Edited by Jay Dave