Quarantine requirments

Patphillips47

I have just had information from Jetpets who are going to fly Ralphy from quarantine to Adelaide

I had filled in a letter for them giving them permission to pick up Ralphy from quarantine

Seems quarantine have changed the ruling and said letter of authority needs to be uploaded to the peq site site

love how they change the rules midway !

Re my previous note - I am waiting for an answer from Jetpets as to if I need to access the BICON site and upload the authorisation myself or can it just be uploaded as a document to PEQ

I obtained the import permit myself ( hope I can remember the login to Bicon !) but if others are shipping their pets and the shippers obtained the permit the new rule could have an effect if the authorisation in Oz does have to go through the Bicon site

Re my previous note - I am waiting for an answer from Jetpets as to if I need to access the BICON site and upload the authorisation myself or can it just be uploaded as a document to PEQ

I obtained the import permit myself ( hope I can remember the login to Bicon !) but if others are shipping their pets and the shippers obtained the permit the new rule could have an effect if the authorisation in Oz does have to go through the Bicon site

Hi Hun,

This might help......I was told ONLY yesterday morning to email the letter of authorisation for collection directly to PEQ here

PEQservices@agriculture.gov.au

Yes, you can upload all your documents documents via your PEQ log IN (not Bicon) so yes it could be uploaded to your account there too. I did all that myself for mine with the help of my shipper, just have the last documents to upload after their final exams etc ... but perhaps your shipping company can help you here as either you or they must have a log in for Ralphy already. He will have a PEQ reference number that should be on the letter when his booking confirmation came through :)

https://online.agriculture.gov.au/webcenter/portal/peq/Home?_afrLoop=28765312591363466

Hope that helps cheers Mary-Anne

Edited by maryannen

Hi Hun,

This might help......I was told ONLY yesterday morning to email the letter of authorisation for collection directly to PEQ here

PEQservices@agriculture.gov.au

Yes, you can upload all your documents documents via your PEQ log IN (not Bicon) so yes it could be uploaded to your account there too. I did all that myself for mine with the help of my shipper, just have the last documents to upload after their final exams etc ... but perhaps your shipping company can help you here as either you or they must have a log in for Ralphy already. He will have a PEQ reference number that should be on the letter when his booking confirmation came through :)

https://online.agriculture.gov.au/webcenter/portal/peq/Home?_afrLoop=28765312591363466

Hope that helps cheers Mary-Anne

many thanks Mary - Anne I will check it all out later today as I booked quarantine myself plus did the BICON site myself to get Ralphys permits

I have just left the vets with all relevant letters etc and sent them to my shippers

We do have time really to sort it once we are in OZ as we get there ahead of Ralphy but just feel quarantine should not keep moving the goalposts grr

many thanks Mary - Anne I will check it all out later today as I booked quarantine myself plus did the BICON site myself to get Ralphys permits

I have just left the vets with all relevant letters etc and sent them to my shippers

We do have time really to sort it once we are in OZ as we get there ahead of Ralphy but just feel quarantine should not keep moving the goalposts grr

Very welcome Pat ...just passing in this little tip too courtesy of my Aussie transporters whom I was speaking to yesterday ....they were telling me they have had many calls of late about this ...as you have also done this yourself ie booked quarantine as have I....they said sometimes the new PEQ site will not allow you to nominate a company to collect when you log in to book the date ...BUT DON'T PANIC ....they told me if that happens when I log in to just go ahead and book it as me collecting and to email a copy to both them and the PEQ email I wrote above....they will take along a copy of the authorization letter with them to Mickleham on the day the dogs are released etc. Am sure Jetpets would do something similar :)

Yes it is annoying when they change the goalposts lol ...I do think as with any new ish system there are going to be glitches ....Both Bicon and Peq are both new so I think they are trying to streamline them as best they can. It's inevitable that there will be some 'tweaks' along the way ....not made easier for those trying to use the systems though as we have found out ...if it's any reassurance I have it on good authority that many shippers too have found it a challenge to navigate :)

Can say I was really thankful for getting that good tip as yep I would have been thinking what do I do now if that had happened.

Been thinking of you and Ralphy as it's so close now ...travel safe everyone and hope to hear soon it's all gone well and you are all there safe and sound.

cheers Mary-Anne