Not technically about shipping pets but.......

missgooseberry

Hi

So this question is not about shipping a live pet but rather our dogs ashes, as we had to have him put to sleep a couple of weeks ago :(

Are we ok to put him in our bags that will go in the cargo hold? He has his cert of cremation and is in a wooden box that i can make sure is secured.

I do not want to leave hime behind or have him taken off us!!

Thanks

Carry in hand luggage. Don't risk putting in checked baggage.

I put 2 boxes of dogs ashes in hand luggage, ashes in their treated wooden boxes, wrapped in paper and inside a sealed bag. Aus customs were more concerned with the wooden boxes than the ashes

I've moved this from the Pet Air section as its not related to pet shipping. And deleted your other thread in the Pet section as it had no replies and was asking the exact same thing.

Posting a question in one forum is enough :) Cross posting gets confusing for those replying and reading.

Hand luggage only, ensure you have written confirmation of the caskets content from vet etc and you will be fine. Do not pack in shipping container as customs will have loads of questions. Wife bought 4x cat caskets in hand luggage without any issue.

S

Archived