Helpful IELTS revision material

Barry1986

Hay I am going to be doing my IELTS in June just wondering if anyone knew of any good revision material to help me prepare. I have been told it's all about understanding how to pass the test rather than worrying about the questions.any help welcome

Hay I am going to be doing my IELTS in June just wondering if anyone knew of any good revision material to help me prepare. I have been told it's all about understanding how to pass the test rather than worrying about the questions.any help welcome

The IELTS is not a pass or fail test , you get a score in each section which in turn gives you an overall band score.

being a native English speaker may help to some extent, but the reading and writing sections can be the downfall of even a native speaker , you most certainly do need to worry about the questions , if you don't understand what is required you run the risk of not getting the score you need.

google IELTS test practice, there are some free test papers you can use or you can buy some.

The key to getting the score you need is to practice like mad , don't expect it to be easy just because you speak English, and prepare to do it more the once

good luck and I hope you do well in June

I just did the practice tests on the ielts website to familiarise myself with the format. As a first language speaker with university education that was ample for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what you mean by "understanding how to pass the test". In order to get the required scores you need to answer questions correctly and complete tasks to a certain standard. It should not present any major difficulties if you are a literate and native English speaker. It would be extremely useful to understand the format of the test and to know what to expect on the day.

I bought one of the Cambridge IELTS books from Amazon, it was helpful and made the format of the day clear to me, but it was also a bit of a waste as I only used it for 30 minutes the night before. Would therefore recommend not buying anything (assuming you are a literate and native English speaker) and utilising the online free stuff that others have mentioned.

Archived