Carpenter/shopfitter/cabinet maker/ceiling fixer/bar fitter

Jocky

Hi all

Me and my partner moving to Oz, I have over 30 years experience in all aspects of instalation and building shops, houses, offices etc.

Can anybody give me an idea what job opportunities have I ? Anybody knows companies which can offer me a job with sponsorship?

many thanks for any advice

John

Hi John,

I've been finding that there are heaps of jobs here in Oz for manual trades, building type jobs. Especially if you've got good communcation/language skills (which you have obviously have), which puts you at an immediate advantage over alot of the other applicants (not from English speaking backgrounds), which many of these roles seem to attract. A local Aussie guy that Ive been doing some labouring for has been finding it almost impossible to get an additional Carpenter on his team -- seems like any qualified Aussie carpenter is off starting his own business / doesnt want to work form someone else. Get in touch with the some of the small individual builders https://www.oneflare.com.au and show them that your keen. I've found most Aussie great in that way, they are usually keen to give you a go if you've got a good attitude (you've obviously got the experience - 30 years exp)

Hi all

Me and my partner moving to Oz, I have over 30 years experience in all aspects of instalation and building shops, houses, offices etc.

Can anybody give me an idea what job opportunities have I ? Anybody knows companies which can offer me a job with sponsorship?

John

Hi all

John

Arr you happy for this to be a temporary move? Sponsored employer visas usually are temporary ones, I dont know how old you are but over 30 years of experience suggests at least mid to late 40s. You would need to acquire a permanent sponsored visa before 50, it becomes extremely difficult after then, perhaps impossible.

Cannot help with contacts sorry, but hopefully the suggestions in post above will help.

Archived