Help.. 189 visa... I have a skills assessment from Master Builders Association, but not TRA.

Guest Guest116766

Guest Guest116766

Hi,

I have an issue with submitting my EOI for a 189 visa. I have recently obtained a skills assessment for Bricklaying from the Master Builders Association. Now applying for my EOI it's asking for the relevant assessing authority for bricklaying, but the only relevant one on the list is the Trades Recognition Australia and not one for the Master Builders Association.

Would the Master Builders Association be a recognised assessing authority by the TRA?

Advice needed please?

Guest Guest116766

It says on the TRA website, skills assessment issued by the TRA or a TRA-approved registered training organisation. So I am wandering if the MBA is an approved assessing authority, but I cannot find any info about approved training organisations on-line.

Guest Guest116766

Just had a quick look and noticed this is for off-shore applicants, does this still apply if I am currently in Australia?

Guest Guest116766

Also the RTO on the RTO finder do not include Master Builders association, so I guess this means my cert 3 I juat paid $2,500 for is of no use to me?!

Guest Guest116766

Yes I am from England. Okay, so does that mean my Cert' 3 issued by the Master Builders Association is of no use in my visa application and will not be accepted? Even though I can obtain my Brickies license from the office of fair trading as the MBA is a RTO, just not a TRA approved RTO?

Thanks.

Yes I am from England. Okay, so does that mean my Cert' 3 issued by the Master Builders Association is of no use in my visa application and will not be accepted? Even though I can obtain my Brickies license from the office of fair trading as the MBA is a RTO, just not a TRA approved RTO?

Thanks.

This is probably a question for a registered migration agent. The stakes are too high to make a mistake on an EOI.

Thanks.

It won't be any good for visa purposes I don't think

Guest Guest116766

I'm so annoyed with myself. What a waste of time and money. It is crazy seen as I can still apply and get my NSW bricklayers license with this current assessment!

I'm so annoyed with myself. What a waste of time and money. It is crazy seen as I can still apply and get my NSW bricklayers license with this current assessment!

The cert 3 will most likely be accepted. But you will still have to go through the skills assessment process the same as other applicants for a permanent visa.

Guest Guest116766

You mean I will have to go through another skills assessment with a TRA approved assessor? As I have already had a skills assessment with the MBA.

You mean I will have to go through another skills assessment with a TRA approved assessor? As I have already had a skills assessment with the MBA.

Yes. Most likely.

Get a registered migration agent to look at this for you. They are worth their weight in gold in situations like this.

If you have a nationally approved cert 3 qualification from Australia, you will need to get it assessed by TRA and there shouldn't be an issue in theory! It will just take a bit of time and you may be required to showcase your skills if I am correct? You need to separate being qualified to do your job in a state with the migration process.

For example in teaching you have your qualifications assessed by AITSL (migration purposes) and then assessed by the state education department (to work in the state). It's a pain in the arse but that is the system. No point moaning about it you just need to get on with it, it is what it is!

Archived