info needed

Guest tess

Guest tess

hi folks, im looking for help and some advice. we are going on a rekki to oz (melbourne and adelaide) at the end of june. could anyone please advise on places to visit etc and also what weather is like etc etc. thanks in advance xxx:wacko:

Guest The Pom Queen
hi folks, im looking for help and some advice. we are going on a rekki to oz (melbourne and adelaide) at the end of june. could anyone please advise on places to visit etc and also what weather is like etc etc. thanks in advance xxx:wacko:

Hi Tess

Congratulations on the reki over you must be very excited:jiggy:

The Melbourne weather in June is cold, although when we first moved over to Australia it was June and to us it was a lot warmer than the UK, but unfortunately I think we have acclimatised now to Melbourne weather.

The best thing to bring is clothes which you can add or take off layers. As the early morning could be freezing but by 2pm it can be hot. It is definately true what Melburnians say in that Melbourne get's 4 seasons in one day:spinny:

I would definately recommend you going down to Philip Island if time permits, although you will need lots of blankets and a flask of tea/coffee which you will end up using as an hot water bottle.

Visit one of the zoos where you can see out native wildlife and maybe feed some roos.

Maybe try and go to an AFL game just for the experience.

Are you driving to Adelaide or flying? If driving I would recommend the Great Ocean Road.

And saving the best place till last in my eyes it has to be Wilsons Prom:notworthy:

Archived