Partner visa relationship breakdown

Timoci

Hi all,

Happy Easter.

I'm sure that this question has been answered before, however I will pose this question non the less.

I got married to my wife off shore and got the 309 visa.

We had some issues with our marriage and I was away from her for 6 weeks out of Australia during the 309 period as we had some issues (this happened about 15 months ago). I told her that I don't want to come to Australia as I couldn't find a job. However, she said that, we would need to split if I can't come to Australia. Hence, I decided to come to Australia and we resumed our relationship. It was a bit rocky the relationship and my wife had made several threats towards me.

I got the 100 visa about two and a half months ago. We had an argument and she said told me to get out of the house recently. She had said this to me before, however I was patient and didn't do anything about it. However, she again told me to get out of the house about a week ago. Hence, as of today, our relationship has broken down.

She is now claiming that I stayed with her for the PR and planned with her to break up this way so that I have the visa and don't have her.

My question is : If she is to tell this to DIAC, is there a reason for them to cancel my visa? I was with her during the application process and also the granting process as well. I have solid evidence of this (FB posts, wsts app chats, bank statements etc).

I'm really stressed with this situation and was wondering if there is any validity for this claim?

Thank you for your response in advance

Tim

Hi all,

Happy Easter.

I'm sure that this question has been answered before, however I will pose this question non the less.

We had some issues with our marriage and I was away from her for 6 weeks out of Australia during the 309 period as we had some issues (this happened about 15 months ago). I told her that I don't want to come to Australia as I couldn't find a job. However, she said that, we would need to split if I can't come to Australia. Hence, I decided to come to Australia and we resumed our relationship. It was a bit rocky the relationship and my wife had made several threats towards me.

I got the 100 visa about two and a half months ago. We had an argument and she said told me to get out of the house recently. She had said this to me before, however I was patient and didn't do anything about it. However, she again told me to get out of the house about a week ago. Hence, as of today, our relationship has broken down.

She is now claiming that I stayed with her for the PR and planned with her to break up this way so that I have the visa and don't have her.

My question is : If she is to tell this to DIAC, is there a reason for them to cancel my visa? I was with her during the application process and also the granting process as well. I have solid evidence of this (FB posts, wsts app chats, bank statements etc).

I'm really stressed with this situation and was wondering if there is any validity for this claim?

Tim

You've got the 100, which proves DIBP have been happy throughout the provisional period amd have granted PR without an issue. For her to prove now that the whole thing was invented would actually place HER in a tricky position as the evidence is a two-way thing.

If she went to DIBP and claimed you had conned her into the whole thing they would need her to back up her allegations. And if the paperwork all shows that the relationship was solid on both sides, and friends and family back you up, then I really can't see she'd have a leg to stand on!

If you're really concerned run it past a good registered agent, but I can't see she would get anyweher with her allegations. Especially as the first thing they will look at is that she is making those allegations as part if a nasty relationship breakdown.

Sorry things have turned out this way, but as far as the visa goes k think you're fine.

Hi all,

Happy Easter.

Tim

I just answered your question in the other forum.

Archived