Can anyone give me a straight answer to this question( IELTS)

milo 52

I sat my IELTS test last month which I got a overall Band score of 6.5.

One visa company said I need a overall Band score of 8.

But when I spoke to another visa company they said I need a level 7 in each four parts. So when I wrote back so I need a overall band score of 7, they said no you need 7 in each..

My question is: Do all visa companies go by you Overall Band score for your IELTS test results or does some like you to get same level in each part??

Because I was told they add all four scores together e.g.: 7 + 7 + 7 + 7 = 28 then div by 4 = Overall band score of 7

Hope this makes sense, This is confusing me!! Just want a straight answers!!!

Thanks Milo

I sat my IELTS test last month which I got a overall Band score of 6.5.

One visa company said I need a overall Band score of 8.

But when I spoke to another visa company they said I need a level 7 in each four parts. So when I wrote back so I need a overall band score of 7, they said no you need 7 in each..

My question is: Do all visa companies go by you Overall Band score for your IELTS test results or does some like you to get same level in each part??

Because I was told they add all four scores together e.g.: 7 + 7 + 7 + 7 = 28 then div by 4 = Overall band score of 7

Hope this makes sense, This is confusing me!! Just want a straight answers!!!

Thanks Milo

You need to attain at least the required score (7 for proficient or 8 for superior) in EACH band.

The overall score has no relevance for immigration purposes.

So for example 7+7+6+8 gives an overall score of 7 but this will not be adequate to gain points for a visa.

First of all it will depend on the context, as different IELTS scores are required for different purposes.

Do you need IELTS for:

· Points for a skilled visa;

· To meet the requirements for a skills assessment;

· To meet the threshold requirements for a visa;

· If it’s for threshold requirements, different visas have different requirements.

In most instances it is the score in each band which is important, although in some cases (subclass 457 visa for example), it is the overall score.

Secondly, the English requirements have got nothing to do with the visa company you use, as the requirements are determined by the Migration Regulations and/or the Assessing Authority, depending on the purpose.

First of all it will depend on the context, as different IELTS scores are required for different purposes.

Do you need IELTS for:

· Points for a skilled visa;

· To meet the requirements for a skills assessment;

· To meet the threshold requirements for a visa;

· If it’s for threshold requirements, different visas have different requirements.

In most instances it is the score in each band which is important, although in some cases (subclass 457 visa for example), it is the overall score.

Secondly, the English requirements have got nothing to do with the visa company you use, as the requirements are determined by the Migration Regulations and/or the Assessing Authority, depending on the purpose.

I need IELTS for points for my Skilled visa, then after that I have to sit my vetassess (plumbing Test)

Archived