Single Parents or Single mums that have made the move or plan to?

SydneySister

How did you settle; its harder to make friends I am sure as the only means of a social life with little support there would be at the park or beach :/. Did your little ones adjust to having mainly you and not further family members in the picture often. Also any experience on house sharing ?

I'm not a single mother but I would caution you to research the move very thoroughly. If you've got no family support, you're going to need some kind of child care or after school care and it's very expensive in Australia. You probably won't be entitled to any benefits for months or even years after you arrive, either. I would be worried about your ability to survive financially unless you're in an occupation that's very well-paid in Australia.

I had planned to move just me and the two kids, but you know how long everything takes and I needed to finish my 12 months work experience post my qualification, then low and behold met someone and got married, now there are four of us moving. Being single might not be a forever thing and therefore just keep your options open!

Good luck x

Thanks, already in the process of this. It will be granted. If he came on holidays to Aus for 2.5 days he would see the child more than he sees him in an entire year spaced out here. He also requires supervised access to my son; not exactly a cherisable relationship. Court already granted a surname change to my own which they dont do often so im pretty confident they recognise hes not great