Affordable family friendly suburbs in Sydney

liv

Hi , we are a family of three and a cat moving to Sydney for a year. My hubby got a job in the city. House rental in Sydney is incredibly expensive and living within the city is out of question. Can anyone recommend a good middle-class neighborhood in the outer suburbs? A suburb that is connected to the transport system to the city and a good Montessori nearby. Let me know your thoughts :)

Try looking in the further reaches of the Hills District - Kellyville, Rouse Hill, Stanhope Gardens etc....have a poke around on Domain and see what you can find

Express buses go from this area to the CBD down the M2 and there is a fast rail line under construction. Lots of family friendly facilities

I am not sure if you aware, but Montessori schools are very expensive here. The one in my local area charges $66 per day / $3280 per term (they only do 3 hour time slots and go Mon-Fri) for 3-4 year olds. For 5-9 year olds it is $96 per day / +- $4800 per term (Mon to Friday 9-3pm)

Hope this helps.

I am not sure if you aware, but Montessori schools are very expensive here. The one in my local area charges $66 per day / $3280 per term (they only do 3 hour time slots and go Mon-Fri) for 3-4 year olds. For 5-9 year olds it is $96 per day / +- $4800 per term (Mon to Friday 9-3pm)

Hope this helps.

This is absolutely crazy. Sydney is so expensive. I'm actually rethinking whether should we make the move now.

Have you had a look at Sutherland Shire? It is (a bit) more affordable, and there is a Montessori school in Gymea http://sms.nsw.edu.au/. They do charge fees but may be a bit less expensive than up north. Sutherland Shire is on a direct train line to the city too. Have a look at http://www.domain.com.au for rental prices in suburbs like Gymea, Miranda, Sutherland, Kirrawee and Jannali and surrounds. Those suburbs are likely to be less expensive than the river/beachfront suburbs. It is a lovely are too, very family friendly.

Archived