457 Sponsored Jobs?

watson150

Hi Everyone!

I have been in Australia for 7 years working under a 457 Visa sponsorship. However, back in November I was made redundant.

I have now submitted a Partner Visa (married to Australian Citizen for 18mths, been together for 5 years)

However, restriction between the visa transition, means I am unable to work unless I find another sponsor, at least until July which is the original expiry date on my 457.

Ridiculous considering I have spent nearly $8,000 for this new visa application a month ago, nobody has even looked at it. But they expect me to be unemployed for 8 months with a mortgage to pay? How can this be!

So, just wondering if anyone can poitn me towards a good website that advertises 457 sponsorship jobs? Other than places like Seek?

I am going out of my mind, and i need a job!

Guest Unregistered
Of course you could have applied for a partner visa at any time during the past four years, whilst still employed on your 457, and you wouldn't have this current problem, would you? :err:

I was on a 457, and I was promised permanent residency sponsorship under the employer nominated scheme twice! First up, I was told I would be sponsored for permanent residency, but then few months later, the company was bought out by Americans and my visa was transferred to a new company name.

You have to be with an employer for two years before that permanent sponsorship could be applied for. And again with an offer to sponsor for this again, I waited.

I prefer to achieve my residency through my own achievements and that I had worked hard enough in my senior management role to encourage them to do this, plus it would save us thousands this route.

Market changes meant that as I was coming up to two years, the company made over 30 positions redundant, mine included.

I hope that clearly explains why I had not applied for Partner visa straight up. I wanted to do it on my own merit, and was let down twice!

Thanks for the lack of advice, all I am receiving is negativity because I didn't apply sooner?

I thought this was a site to help and assist others, maybe I was wrong.

Don't worry there is always an abundance of to$$ers around on these sites to pass judgement without knowing the full story, don't take it personally.

In terms of the 457 situation it does sound like you will have apply for dispensation , sorry I can't give any specific advice.

Best of luck and keep us posted.