Holiday Visa

Patphillips47

I have a friend whose son is in Oz and she wants to go out for 12 months - she has brothers there too

She asked me and to be honest I haven't a clue any ideas please

Her way of thinking is if she feels she can settle could she get a retirement visa ??

I have seen lots on here in relation to Visas so what's the way to go

There's a possibility that she could get another substantive visa to allow her to stay, but she'd really have to know exactly what she wants and if she is eligible for it. Without knowing specifics it's very difficult to say whether she would be successful.

It might be worth using the visa finder on the border.gov.au website, to see what she'd be able to apply for. She'd also have to ensure that the visitor visa that she travelled on didn't have a 'no further stay' condition on it, otherwise she'd not get a bridging visa to carry her through to the substantive visa that she was applying for.

My friend has said she looked on the website and thinks a 6 month or 12 month visa with a view to seeing if she thinks she could settle

I have just glanced at the criteria for balance of family though and thinking she would not have that as one son is in Oz two children Uk and one child in Canada Having said children they are all adults and not dependant etc

Archived