457 visa nomination from employer, but do we have enough defacto relationship evidence?

Hi everyone. I wonder if you can help.

We are in the UK and have recently had a job offer from an Australian company. We are so happy and they want to start the nomination process.

They have asked us to send them copies of birth certs and passport ID, qualification certs, references from existing employer and evidence of our relationship.

We have been together for 2 years and have been engaged for 8 months. We live together, but it is my house and he moved in, so everything is in my name. We have no bills in his name even though we do share the costs (didn't think it mattered as when we are married we will get a place of our own).

We booked the wedding (which will be in Oz as family are there) last August 2015. We have the date set with the hotel and emails off the marriage celebrant confirming the wedding date etc. We paid the deposit to hotel for the wedding and I have a receipt for dress deposit etc.

We also have flight tickets and holiday invoices for 2 holidays we have had together over the past year.

We don't have joint account, but his wages are paid into my account.

Will we have enough evidence? Your help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Hey,

I'm sure that will be enough, but I'm not speaking from experience, I'm still waiting for my visa to come through! Have you included photos? Nights out etc, family functions. Also, a friend of mine included the receipt for the engagement ring. Surely your partner had some post there? I would just include a cover letter explaining this and include whatever post he has sent there (bank statements?). I don't know if it's the same with your visa, but you have a chance to write and explain how you have supported each other financially etc in the application. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'll print some photos off and send them too. Who do I send cover letter to? The employer, or when we have to do our part of the visa? Which visa are you waiting for?

Hey,

I'm sure that will be enough, but I'm not speaking from experience, I'm still waiting for my visa to come through! Have you included photos? Nights out etc, family functions. Also, a friend of mine included the receipt for the engagement ring. Surely your partner had some post there? I would just include a cover letter explaining this and include whatever post he has sent there (bank statements?). I don't know if it's the same with your visa, but you have a chance to write and explain how you have supported each other financially etc in the application. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone. I wonder if you can help.

We are in the UK and have recently had a job offer from an Australian company. We are so happy and they want to start the nomination process.

They have asked us to send them copies of birth certs and passport ID, qualification certs, references from existing employer and evidence of our relationship.

We have been together for 2 years and have been engaged for 8 months. We live together, but it is my house and he moved in, so everything is in my name. We have no bills in his name even though we do share the costs (didn't think it mattered as when we are married we will get a place of our own).

We booked the wedding (which will be in Oz as family are there) last August 2015. We have the date set with the hotel and emails off the marriage celebrant confirming the wedding date etc. We paid the deposit to hotel for the wedding and I have a receipt for dress deposit etc.

We also have flight tickets and holiday invoices for 2 holidays we have had together over the past year.

We don't have joint account, but his wages are paid into my account.

Will we have enough evidence? Your help will be appreciated.

Thank you

You will need strong evidence to show that you have been living together as a de facto couple for at least 6 months.

If you have been living together for 2 years, you should be able to provide some documents to show that you are a de facto couple.

The fact that you have been on holidays together and engaged, in themselves are not enough to meet the requirements.

Archived