Back door entry into OZ via NZ

Ypudding

I had the invite to apply last year and didn't act on it, I'd not done any skills assessment when I got the invite it was something i read about just after. Last year I wasn't in a position to leave work, redundancy has forced that issue and released my pension early, my terms of the pension mean it's released at 50. So in short all I have paid out is £90 for an emigration company to look over my options.

Good thing you didn't apply then. you are supposed to have the skills assessment in place before submitting an EOI !

Problem is Captain I'm 44yrs old, turn 45 at the end of April, at that stage I lose the points for age and don't qualify :(I've wasted years trying to get my Girlfriend to go, she would qualify easily but she's not interested grrr. I've Looked at 189,190,489 type sponsored visas (family and state) but there are issues on each one of them.

So the plan is to get over there by yourself, and leave her behind?

Haha funny @Captain

Not sure why that's funny it is a real risk - migration rules change all the time.

Yes there is a special relationship between NZ and Australia so it maybe unlikely but for someone starting on what is probably a 6-7 year process it is surely better to be aware it could change?

note: somewhere on the ielts vs Pte thread, someone took like 5 ielts test and failed to get 20 points, but they did PTE and got the 20 points first time ;) and he wasnt even a native speaker!! Ive done both and i think the PTE is far easier, as long as you look at the structure of the test before hand

Archived