CPA positive assessment for 189 visa accounting

zoewender92

Hello,

I have an accounting and finance bachelors degree from the University of Brighton but no experience or further qualifications. The list of ANZSCO subjects I studied all bar one at university but even the one I didn't study I think I have but its just named differently. I am not qualified as an accountant but I do have 60 IELTS points and my bachelors degree. Can anyone give me any advice or information about whether this is enough to get a positive assessment from the CPA or ICAA.. I assume I need to be a qualified accountant but it doesn't actually say this on the website. Everything is so complicated! Hope somebody can help :)

You don't need any experience to pass the accountants skill assessment so if you cover all the necessary subjects your degree alone is enough to pass.

If you don't meet all the requirements the assessing bodies offer the chance to study that area with them to clear it.

Without experience though you may not get enough points to get a visa as there is currently a backlog of 65 point applicants waiting for an invite.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Hello,

I have an accounting and finance bachelors degree from the University of Brighton but no experience or further qualifications. The list of ANZSCO subjects I studied all bar one at university but even the one I didn't study I think I have but its just named differently. I am not qualified as an accountant but I do have 60 IELTS points and my bachelors degree. Can anyone give me any advice or information about whether this is enough to get a positive assessment from the CPA or ICAA.. I assume I need to be a qualified accountant but it doesn't actually say this on the website. Everything is so complicated! Hope somebody can help :)

Yes you can, I received a positive skills assessment and only have an accounting degree (I was ACCA part qualified). But the above post is also right, you may not need work experience for the skills assessment, but you will for the visa.

You don't need any experience to pass the accountants skill assessment so if you cover all the necessary subjects your degree alone is enough to pass.

If you don't meet all the requirements the assessing bodies offer the chance to study that area with them to clear it.

Without experience though you may not get enough points to get a visa as there is currently a backlog of 65 point applicants waiting for an invite.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

That's not true is it?

You need to be a professionally qualified accountant to pass the skills assessment.

Whilst you don't need to provide proof of any experience to CPA to get your skills recognised, you need to have provided proof of experience to CIMA / ACCA / any other accounting body to complete your qualification in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit: didn't realise this was using a degree to pass the skills test. Ignore me :-)

Archived