Maintenance Engineer/Technician Help!

Nottage90

Hi everyone first post so just want to introduce myself My names Rob i am 25 and have recently decided i want to try and emigrate to oz preferably to Perth area where i have some friends. Before i pay for my skills assessment and submit by EOI, i just want to try get some information on whats it like finding work in engineering over there and the best way for me to go about it?

Skills and work experience

Under the SOL i can only assume my trade would come under (Fitter-general) / Fitter-welder) as i completed my apprenticeship in the Uk in mechanical maintenance also i'm qualified in welding to city and guilds level 3 and i am currently studying electrical insulation level 2 soon to be completed in June.

I Completed my apprenticeship in a aluminium die casting foundry working with High pressure, low pressure and gravity fed die casting cells (not that means anything to you guys lol) then i moved to a large diesel engine and Natural gas generator manufacturer. where i carry out the maintenance activities on the development engine test cells.

Hope this information helps someone point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance.

The first thing to concentrate on is the visa and ensure you can qualify. Check the requirements for the skills assessment for the occupation you have looked at on the SOL list.

Generally, engineering jobs in WA are thin on the ground and with a lot of applicants chasing them.

Guest Unregistered

Maintenance engineers fall into a grey area, i am one in the food industry. i am elec level 3 2330, 17th edition and a mechanical apprenticeship. it is alot harder now than it used to be to get your elec ticket in oz so if you just want to get your visa then sort it when you are there you will be fine on your eng lvl 2 i have just finished my skills asses and thats what i did and just went for fitter general, you will end up with an oz level 3 eng qualification and plenty to get you started anyway.

Archived