short term rental while looking for a job ?

Clankaroo

Hi,

I have arrived in Sydney with a permanent visa and I am looking for a job (IT). It takes time as I need to go to multiple interviews and some people are still on holiday..

I'm staying at the moment in a temporary furnished accommodation which is quite expensive as I need to be close to the city for interviews, etc.

I am thinking at my options to reduce my cost of housing.. Maybe AirBnb or renting for 3 or 6 months ? The advantage with AirBnb is that I don't have to buy any furniture. The disadvantage with renting is that I don't have any job contract and it could be challenging to secure an apartment rental, also I would need to buy furniture and probably would need to move to another accomodation at the end of the rental period.. I prefer to keep it simple as I have already a lot on my plate.

What do you think is my best option ?

Thanks all

I have arrived in Sydney with a permanent visa and I am looking for a job (IT). It takes time as I need to go to multiple interviews and some people are still on holiday..

I'm staying at the moment in a temporary furnished accommodation which is quite expensive as I need to be close to the city for interviews, etc.

I am thinking at my options to reduce my cost of housing

If you can provide proof of adequate savings, then you should be able to get an apartment. If you look for a studio apartment then you wouldn't need much furniture, just go to IKEA and buy a sofa bed, a few kitchen essentials and an outdoor table and chairs (which you can use as a dining table now and move outside when you find your permanent home). What you save on rental will more than pay for the furniture. You're unlikely to find a rental for less than 6 months, but that's not a bad thing - once you've found a job, it will give you some time to settle in before you start hunting for your permanent home.

Archived