Partner visa - document lodgement timeframe

Jen McSweeney

Hi all, Im sorry if this question has been asked before i am new to the forum. My English partner and i have just submitted and payed for our partnership visa online. Now that we have submitted the form, my partner is on a bridging visa. Does anyone know how much time we now have to upload the supporting documentation? I can't find this information anywhere! Thanks in advance for any help or advice

I don't know how long exactly ....but a long time! No mad rush. It took 2-3 month to be allocated a CO here ( offshore application uk) and I think onshore applications are even longer to process. As far as I know you've got until they consider/ assess your case which for us was about 6 months after application when they asked for police check & medicals to be submitted ( they gave 40 days for that). So, I'm sure you'll have plenty of time if that helps!

Theoretically the CO can assess the application based on what you've submitted when they start looking at it. It's unlikely they would start looking at your application before a couple of months have passed, but I know I'd want to have my documentation pretty much completed by about the 1-month mark.

Archived