IELTS Test in 2 weeks.. Any advice before the big day!!

milo 52

Hi everyone,

Hope your all well. I have my IELTS test soon and I'm a bit worried about it. I have been doing loads of english test out the book and even got a teacher too.

Has anyone got any advice before the big day!!

I have to get a band 8,if I don't get it at least I know what band I am on. So it won't be a waste of money..

Is it as hard as they say it is??

Cheers Milo:wideeyed::elvis:

IELTS wasn't too bad; however, I didn't quite get what I needed in one section (Writing: 7.5, even though the other three sections were 9s... Go figure), so took the PTE-A test a week later (which was far more rounded, and gave me a nice perfect 90/90).

Fingers crossed, IELTS gives you what you need. If it doesn't, rather than resit, I would suggest looking at PTE-A.

Good luck!

Guest Guest114430

The Ielts is a points booster (for me), im a britsh citizen but didnt have the required points alone, so sat the Ielts to gain a further 20 points. You need an 8 score on EACH band, not overall. Good luck

Guest Guest114430
I might be wrong but I think if your applying through a trade you need to take the ielts or equivalent.

you only need to take it if you need the extra points, im a plumber and took Ielts but only because i didnt have enough points with quals etc.

Archived