Moving to Northern Territory

Shona Menzies

Hi

My husband and I have are looking to apply for permanent residency in the NT, we are currently still in the UK. However we have to provide evidence that we have researched the cost of living , food and transport and utilities without copying from the internet!! Can anyone help???? Thanks in advance.

:wink:

Well....you could use this site and do a good amount of searching through past threads etc.....but surely the Internet is the ideal place to start, you don't need to copy...just gather information and maybe take a rounded figure, get yourself on supermarket websites, utility pricing, average costs from users on pio etc xx

Hi

My husband and I have are looking to apply for permanent residency in the NT, we are currently still in the UK. However we have to provide evidence that we have researched the cost of living , food and transport and utilities without copying from the internet!!

What do they mean by "copying from the internet" ? I'm thinking they want evidence that you've done the actual research rather than just copying staistics from Wikipedia.

So you'd do things like:

- research the cost of housing on domain.com.au and realestate.com.au (i.e. looking up actual houses you could afford, not just copying stats);

- fill a shopping cart on coles.com.au or woolworths.com.au and compare what it costs with the same cart at your local supermarket;

- see if you can find a furniture shop in Darwin with an online store and "buy" your furniture.

Archived