Quick question about GSM requesting documents

MiniCooper

Hi all,

Feel a bit like I'm spamming this forum...and a little bit obsessed with it so apologies in advance.

So I lodged my visa application on 22nd January and uploaded all documentation including form 80 (for myself only) apart from meds and PCC's.

Meds have since been uploaded and I am just awaiting the delivery of police checks.

I had an email this morning from GSM (far earlier than expected) requesting our PCC's and a form 80 for both my hubby and I.

I have already completed a form 80 - is this just an oversight by GSM?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Feel a bit like I'm spamming this forum...and a little bit obsessed with it so apologies in advance.

So I lodged my visa application on 22nd January and uploaded all documentation including form 80 (for myself only) apart from meds and PCC's.

Meds have since been uploaded and I am just awaiting the delivery of police checks.

I had an email this morning from GSM (far earlier than expected) requesting our PCC's and a form 80 for both my hubby and I.

I have already completed a form 80 - is this just an oversight by GSM?

Many thanks in advance.

It always happens, and it's very frustrating.

I think it might be a stalling tactic to make their processing figures look good.

Oh, that's interesting...but yes frustrating. Thanks Captain. I do wonder if they've thoroughly looked at my file if that's the case.

If you look through all of the 'Visa lodged *month*' threads, you'll see a huge number of people who get asked for documents that they've already lodged.

It happened to me as well, so you are certainly not alone.

If you look through all of the 'Visa lodged *month*' threads, you'll see a huge number of people who get asked for documents that they've already lodged.

It happened to me as well, so you are certainly not alone.

So CaptainC,

What do I then, upload the same PCC and Form 80 or do I have to pay the fee all over again for new PCC and re-sign Form 80 with new date and upload those ?

Make sure that the form 80 you have uploaded is the current version, as they are updated regularly. If a "critical change" has occurred to the form, they will not accept forms from prior dates.

It should be the right one as I downloaded it from the border.gov website mid January and I have double checked since to make sure there isn't one with '2016' at the bottom. Fingers crossed :/

Archived