Guidance for career move

ravian611

Guys i want advice regarding career move as i want to take decision keeping in mind that i am willing to relocate to oz in future.

I am accountant and have option to join as tax manager in BIG 4 or

ERP consultant in BIG 4

what should i opt for keeping in view SOL LIST.

As far as i know. tax accountants are currently on sol but not erp consultNt.

please guide.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Dear ravian611

I would not guide you on your career path; however, I can present some facts

Tax Manager can be classified under SOL 2211 - Accountants

ERP consultant might be classified under either 2611 - ICT Business and Systems Analyst or 2613 - Software and Applications Programmer. You may please verify this with ACS.

Following are the limits on how many invitations are issued in these subclasses during 2015-16 programme year

2211 - Accountants - 2525 out of which 755 are already issued

2611 - ICT Business and Systems Analyst - 1536 out of which 832 are already issued

2613 - Software and Applications Programmers - 5364 out of which 2966 are already issued.

Another important factor to consider is the pro-rated invitation to intending point based skilled migrants. During 08 Jan 2016 invitation round, invitation cutoff were as follows

2211 - for applicants holding 70 points as on 19 Nov 2015

2611 - for applicants holding 65 points as on 03 Oct 2015

2613 - for applicants holding 60 points as on 26 Jun 2015

You may infer from above data that 2613 has fierce competition since there are many people who are waiting to get an invitation to apply for GSM visa for more than 6 months. Also, accountants need to have higher points in order to get an invitation.

I would recommend you to take in to account your education, age, work experience and English proficiency before you make a decision on your career path for Australian migration.

I am currently working with a Big4 in Accounting Advisory. I have received my subclass 190 grant (Point score 65 + 5 = 70) in Nov'15. I applied under 221111 - Accountant (General).

I wish you all the best.

Edited by digvijjayj

Guys i want advice regarding career move as i want to take decision keeping in mind that i am willing to relocate to oz in future.

I am accountant and have option to join as tax manager in BIG 4 or

ERP consultant in BIG 4

what should i opt for keeping in view SOL LIST.

As far as i know. tax accountants are currently on sol but not erp consultNt.

please guide.

BIG 4, as is the camping franchise? :chatterbox:

Dear ravian611

I would not guide you on your career path; however, I can present some facts

Tax Manager can be classified under SOL 2211 - Accountants

ERP consultant might be classified under either 2611 - ICT Business and Systems Analyst or 2613 - Software and Applications Programmer. You may please verify this with ACS.

Following are the limits on how many invitations are issued in these subclasses during 2015-16 programme year

2211 - Accountants - 2525 out of which 755 are already issued

2611 - ICT Business and Systems Analyst - 1536 out of which 832 are already issued

2613 - Software and Applications Programmers - 5364 out of which 2966 are already issued.

Another important factor to consider is the pro-rated invitation to intending point based skilled migrants. During 08 Jan 2016 invitation round, invitation cutoff were as follows

2211 - for applicants holding 70 points as on 19 Nov 2015

2611 - for applicants holding 65 points as on 03 Oct 2015

2613 - for applicants holding 60 points as on 26 Jun 2015

You may infer from above data that 2613 has fierce competition since there are many people who are waiting to get an invitation to apply for GSM visa for more than 6 months. Also, accountants need to have higher points in order to get an invitation.

I would recommend you to take in to account your education, age, work experience and English proficiency before you make a decision on your career path for Australian migration.

I am currently working with a Big4 in Accounting Advisory. I have received my subclass 190 grant (Point score 65 + 5 = 70) in Nov'15. I applied under 221111 - Accountant (General).

I wish you all the best.

So what I presume from your comment is that for accountant category to be succesful, it has to be 70 points minimum. It's good to know you are from big4. Would you mind to share your experience as i am interested in knowing how did things go for you being part of big 4.

Mean were you experienced from big4 before you landed in Australia ?

n did yr prior exp helped u in securing a role in oz in big 4 ?

So what I presume from your comment is that for accountant category to be succesful, it has to be 70 points minimum. It's good to know you are from big4. Would you mind to share your experience as i am interested in knowing how did things go for you being part of big 4.

Mean were you experienced from big4 before you landed in Australia ?

n did yr prior exp helped u in securing a role in oz in big 4 ?

It is just the competition among prospective immigrants under Accountants' category that drive a successful prorated invitation to apply for subclass 189. A person may opt for an Australian state nomination, which gives him/her additional 5 points and a higher probability of invitation to apply for visa subclass 190. I believe, GSM invitation cap does not apply to subclass 190. Also, one may claim partner skills to rise up in the point test rankings. For more details you may please refer to a booklet titled 'Point Based Skilled Migration' published by DIBP Australia.

Currently, I am working in a Big4 accounting firm outside Australia. I am trying to request for an internal transfer to Australian firm. However, it all depends on job openings matching my profile in that firm. I have been working with my current firm since last two and a half years. My prior work experience in diverse industries and working for different geographies helped me land into this role. Being part of Big4 definitely gives you an advantage in job market, but in case of obtaining a PR visa one needs to have right work experience. It doesn't matter if you work for a big4, a boutique firm or a small company; it is important that your education and work experience should be verifiable to DIBP to match your points claim.