Defacto

Suem8

Hi wondering if I could get some advice.

im in the uk been back here 4 years after divorce in oz but my adult kids still in oz .

im Australian so no problem getting back,

but ove been seeing a guy for 3 years aged 51 I've been living with him for a year but only my mail going to his house no bills in joint names also no joint bank account something I don't believe in as didn't have with my ex after 25 years.

we have many hols together and he's visited Australia to see my family over there.

we are wanting to move back looks like we will have to go on Defacto visa but I'm wanting to go back to live in oz as missing ,y kids .

cam anyone recommend a good agent?

do I have to get my name on bills and do I have to wait a year before we cam apply for him to go.

how long once applied does it take to go through.

i don't want to live in the uk another year can it go through if I return to oz can he come on a holiday visa and apply from there.

Any of the agents on here would be good IMHO.

I'm doubtful about de facto evidence as you don't seem to have anything paper wise but an agent would be able to advise and rate your chances better. You don't have to have a joint bank account but accounts showing money going between you both to pay for things etc is always good.

If you intend to marry this could solve things. Also perhaps look into the PMV and then a partner visa on shore after that.

ETA - Current processing times off shore are 10-14 months officially. However, some grants have been coming through a bit sooner in recent times but this is not a given.

I would never remarry would this be a problem,I do t see the need these days .

It wont be a 'problem' per se, it's up to you how you want to live your life. However, if you're not married you need to find other ways to demonstrate to DIBP that you're married in all but name and that you're genuinely defacto. For example, can you not get a joint bank account that both of you pay joint bills from but still maintain your seperate accounts for your salary etc.. Can you be on each other's car insurance? What about your wills? That's the kind of stuff they're looking for that legally binds you without being married...

Many people these days do not mingle finances so that should not be an issue. You must have 'official' post for each of you showing that you live at the same address, anything in joint names is good or showing transfers or you contributing to household expenses etc. insurance is good if it names you both too. You will need to show something for each month if possible to show the continuing relationship.

Archived