Queries relating to accountancy profession ?

ravian611

Hi guys,

I am currently pursuing Chartered Accountancy in Pakistan and currently at final stage. I had been affiliated with Big 4 accountancy firm for last 3.5 years out of which 3 years relate to external audit.

I am currently confused as to future move and need some guidance as to job and career move.

I have plans to relocate to Australia after completing education so i want to take conscious decision.

As per SOL list, following occupations are available to accountants,

1). Accountant (General)

2). Management Accountant

3). Taxation Accountant

4). External Auditor

5). Internal Auditor

i). For this, job i undertake should fall in any of the above list to file for immigration. Right ? What if my recent most experience doesn't fall in any of the above list, Will my application for immigration be considered if i ignore or don't claim irrelevant experience?

ii). How do they evaluate their experience relevant to occupation. For accountant (general), i mean, what kind of experience is considered relevant to Accountant (general) occupation ?

ii). What if i join Manager taxation post in Big 4, will I then be able to apply under Taxation accountant category for immigration? or Australian taxation practice is necessary for the occupation ?

iii). As CA is Pakistan based degree, i am also considering to complete additional course/ degree that is better suited to Australian job market requirement. i have following options (based on MOU's entered into by ICAP):

a). CIMA-UK

b). ICAEW-UK

If i undertake any of these degree, will they be acceptable in Australia, keeping in mind that they are UK based degree ?

Thank you.

Yeh, during my research of the process, i have came across the fact that accountancy field is not meeting the demand supply catch in oz.

I want to ask whether it is related to some specific occupations or all occupations relating to accounts and taxation have been flagged for removal ? or in other words can i get link of list that are most probable for removal from SOL list.

What do u suggest in that case. What one should do ?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk