help with options!

Guest cheekymonkey

Guest cheekymonkey

Hi am new to to this forum, so apologies if i post things in wrong place!

I am uk educated nurse, however my degree is in paediatrics, currently I'm working in neonates, undertaking a course in this through my employment. I only have 4 months experience at the mo, and am wondering what the best route to take is? should i come over on a working holiday visa or go for permanent residency?how easy is it to transfer a working holiday into residency visa? Am selling my flat in march, so would be looking to come over around may. Im 23, no dependants, single, and am very unsure of the route to take! please help!!!

Quickest in a permanent residency visa context might be a Skills Matching visa (subclass number 134) supported by a State Nomination - the 134 visa has a recent work experience requirement of 6 out of the 12 months immediately preceding the lodgement of the visa application in a skilled occupation.

Like all skilled visas you will need a skills assessment classification letter, which in your case would come through the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council.

State Nominations for 134 visas are available from WA, SA, VIC, and TAS.

Alternatively, look for an employer sponsorship leading to the grant of an employer sponsored visa (probably a long term temporary visa under subclass number 457), and then look to apply for a Skilled Independent visa (subclass number 136) so long as you meet the basic requirements for that visa (pass the points test, satisfy the 12 out of 18 months recent work experience requirement, etc).

If may be best to discuss your visa options with a migration professional to talk through your choices and the pros and cons of each ...

Best regards.

Archived