417 whv!!!!!

dannysavagelfc

so me and my fiance both applied for our visas on saturday and had them granted within minutes, is this right as i often hear of people waiting 4+ weeks for theres, or is this if u send off for them???

also once i have recieved the grant form what do i need to do next? print it off an take with me???

Very normal to be granted a WHV in minutes yeah. Not entirely sure what you do next but having a print out is always a good idea..plan your accommodation etc, flights, make sure you have enough money and proof for when you get to airport etc.....all the very best xxx

I'd presume there'd be some sort of electronic link to your passport number, so maybe they know you have a WHV as you check in. I'd expect you'll get further information when you get your grant letter though, there will likely be lots of information on the actual application forms themselves? Have a look....but either way take your grant letter or a copy of it with you.

I'm sure it'll all be fine...We're still waiting on our grant letter so unfortunately I can't tell you the ins and outs but it'll likely explain further in that letter.

Yeah it's normal. The first time I applied it took an hour or 2. Then I cancelled it and applied again and it was a week that time.

Print off a copy but it's all linked to your passport. You either go to the desk or you can use the machine that scans it but they play up most of the time. A copy of your visa is handy for when you apply for Medicare - they asked me for one

Archived