Community Nursery Nurse?

ickleric

My wife currently works for the NHS in the UK, as a community nursery nurse, where she goes to children's clinics and parents houses to help kids with learning/physical problems. I am struggling to find anything in Australia that's similar to that, can anyone tell me if there is a similar role in aus? She has a Nvq level 3 in childcare

My wife currently works for the NHS in the UK, as a community nursery nurse, where she goes to children's clinics and parents houses to help kids with learning/physical problems. I am struggling to find anything in Australia that's similar to that, can anyone tell me if there is a similar role in aus? She has a Nvq level 3 in childcare

No, we don't really have that here (not in W.A anyway). We have midwives who visit Mum and babies for follow ups after being released from hospital - that would be the closest. However, perhaps somebody from another state may have knowledge of a similar role. Your wife could also look at childcare centres, special needs would be sought after (though not eligible for a visa).

Sounds like a great job though and something that we really should have here.

Thanks, she has worked at a nursery for a few years now so does have the work experience, but she much doing the community nursery nurse role.

The other jobs in the UK she likes is a hospital child play helper that basically plays with kids on the hospital wards, is that something you have in Australia?

Thanks, she has worked at a nursery for a few years now so does have the work experience, but she much doing the community nursery nurse role.

The other jobs in the UK she likes is a hospital child play helper that basically plays with kids on the hospital wards, is that something you have in Australia?

They have both teachers and child care/youth workers based in some children's hospitals.

Archived