Dogs from Jersey to Australia

Jersey2Sydney

Sorry, we shipped two dogs, but from the mainland so can't help with jersey.

Are you just starting the progress? Your vet may be able to advise.

cant say ive ever read on here about any company shipping pets from Straight from Jersey.

Ask the mainland shippers if they will collect.

Thank you. I was just putting the feelers out there in case someone had moved off island from Jersey or Guernsey to save myself a heap of research!

I will be speaking to my vet and getting quotes from most animal shipping companies. I will also be speaking to the airlines locally as it may be that I can fly him to the UK and arrange for a pet shipping agent to collect him from the airport in the UK and then they do their bit from there.

Hi I'm sorry I can't advise you and hope you find answers. We are in Jersey too and wonder how you are arranging removals? Do you know of any local companies who deal with it right through or is it a case of going on the ferry (haha, trying to go on the ferry, you understand) and then delivering to a UK company? Also, do you know if we can have the medicals here or is that a trip to the UK? Very sorry to go off topic but it's a rare day there's another Jersey member posting.

Hope you get to arrange your pet travels soon :-)

Cheers,

Amanda

Hi Jersey2Sydney

Most pet shippers in UK can help you and work out the simplest way. We would advise you getting most of the vet work done in Jersey and then the final paperwork signed off in UK. As if you get the paperwork done in Jersey and then get the pet to UK and for some crazy reason the plane to oz gets cancelled, then getting the new paperwork or the Jersey paperwork changed will be a nightmare.

You can arrange a flight from Jersey to UK with someone like Flybe and that will be cheaper and then your shipper can collect from airport in UK. Or you can bring your pet on the ferry and maybe the shipper can meet you at the ferry port.

If we collect a pet from Jersey for example if they are too big to fit on the plane, then it is a fortune as we cant get there and back in a day on a ferry, so it is 2 full days of someone's time, ferry costs and a hotel on Jersey, so it does end up stupidly expensive fr what is a super short journey.

Lots of options.

Archived