Briding visa pending partner visa application??

Fijam

Hi all,

does anyone know how one would be advised/notified of a bridging visa being granted? I am curious as my partner (on a WHV) will be applying for a de-facto partner visa in a few months...we are unclear as how to how the bridging visa comes into effect. Is it automatic when an application is submitted for a partner visa? How will we know?

Bit nervous as we will be out of the country and in the UK a month before his WHV expires. We will have a few days back in Australia on the WHV before it expires.

Thanks!! :)

Hi all,

does anyone know how one would be advised/notified of a bridging visa being granted? I am curious as my partner (on a WHV) will be applying for a de-facto partner visa in a few months...we are unclear as how to how the bridging visa comes into effect. Is it automatic when an application is submitted for a partner visa? How will we know?

Bit nervous as we will be out of the country and in the UK a month before his WHV expires. We will have a few days back in Australia on the WHV before it expires.

Thanks!! :)

As long as your partner is physically in Australia when the application is submitted then he/she will be automatically granted a BV as long as their current WHV does not have the 8503 'No Further Stay' condition.

You can check the visa restriction on the WHV grant notice or by logging into VEVO https://www.border.gov.au/Busi/Visa

Edited by CaptainC

Mine came back instantly as soon as I submitted the application ( by e mail)

Sorry, just to clarify, did you receive an instant automated email with the details of the bridging visa? I just don't want to misunderstand you! Cheers :)