457 insurance help

Dalt

Hi

Another health issue. I (likely because of my chronic disease) have just been declined insurance for the 457 (even though it's temporary). This is an outright decline, not an "ok but we won't cover existing conditions" (which was the outcome I was expecting). Any suggestions/ideas or does anyone know of any companies who may insure me (either with or without the existing conditions, just need evidence of insurance for VISA).

Thanks in advance (this is all so very stressful!!!)

Not sure if it will help or not, but we used Go Walkabout and their 21 day emigration insurance just to cover us until we were registered with Medicare. I am not sure if the criteria is any less stringent for a short term policy like this or not? I am also assuming that you would want to only be covered until you were registered with Medicare, and are from a reciprocal country!

• 2 weeks later...

Try bupa, my husband and I will never get PR because of the type of arthritis his has, but bupa had no problems with giving us 457 insurance ? If they decline insurance, I would prob take a look at weather you may not be granted a 457 visa at all [emoji45]. You have to have the insurance to be granted. Good luck! Fingers crossed for you X

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk