Just like to say Hi to everyone, from Snoozy!

Snoozy

Hi, I'm new to PIO. Although, I have been reading many of your stories over the years, which have really helped me. So at last I decided join, and introduce myself.

I'll just tell you a little bit about myself. I emigrated to Perth in 1978 from South Wales UK, with my husband and son. My marriage broke up within two years. I decided to stay to try and give my son a better life. I have found it very hard to settle. I am still extremely homesick. Not a day goes by without me crying about coming to Australia. I miss so many things. I just cannot get used to the Aussie way of life. I'm a recluse now. I have done so many things here. Joined so many groups, courses etc.

I know there are so many good things about Australia. I'm very grateful, for all the help I've had over the years. It's just the longing in my heart for Wales, will not go. I think some of you may relate.

Hope you're all having a lovely day, wherever you are.

Hi Snoozy,

I have been living in Melbourne since October 2013 and I have never felt homesick until this last week. My head is all over the place just now and I am questioning everything. Its awful. I just don't know what to do. I do like it here and I have made lots of friends but when I ask myself if I can see me living here for ever, I cant answer that. My OH and children love it here!! Such a horrible feeling!

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi @Snoozy I'm really happy you decided to join us. Please stay around. You will learn there are lots of other members in the same position as you.

How old is your son now? Can you see yourself being able to move back to Wales. Have you been back for a holiday?

I emigrated to Perth in 1978 from South Wales UK, with my husband and son....... Not a day goes by without me crying about coming to Australia.

Goodness gracious....37 years is a long time to be crying every day. Can you start organising your affairs so that you can return to Wales?

Hi The Pom Queen.... Thanks, yes I finally decided to join. I think it will help me from feeling so isolated. I know so many others go through similar situations.

My son is 44. I would love to move back to Wales, I can't afford to. I have not been back for a holiday.

Hi Lcgeordie.....I feel for you. It's only natural to feel homesick and to question everything. I know what it's like to have all those thoughts swirling around in your head. It's always good if you can talk to someone about your feelings. I hope you have some support from your friends etc. It's great that you and your children like it here. I do hope things will get better for you. Take care.

Archived