Vetassess process insight please

ABG

Hi All. I'm finalising my documents for Vetassess skills assessment and was hoping for some insight into the process. Do they only assess on what's provided and approve/reject based on what's provided or is it more interactive than that and if they need more information they ask for it rather than simply rejecting/accrediting fewer years experience on the face value of what's presented. E.g. If a piece of verification information for one job is missing would they ask for it or just discount/reject it from your work experience. Obviously I'm not intending on leaving anything out, but the assessors might have a different opinion on my verification documents for each role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Thought I'd update this for the benefit of others. I submitted my application to Vetassess on 31/1 and it was accepted on 3/2. I was applying as R&D Manager (ANZSCO 132511). My highest qualification is an MSC and I've been with the same company since 2007, in increasing roles of seniority in an early stage life science company. As I am currently C-level management at the company, I didn't want to alert anyone to the fact I'm looking at leaving so used statutory declarations rather than statements of service. In total I submitted the following evidence: passport, photos, degree certificates, academic transcripts, detailed CV, statutory declaration, organisation chart, employment contract, pay slips, P60 tax records, 1x reference letter from former CEO of the company, copies of patents where I am an inventor, copies of academic publications I've authored, url links/YouTube videos to conference talks I've given. I didn't hear anything for 12 weeks, and the status application never changed once. After not hearing anything I emailed them asking when I could expect an outcome. The next day I had an email saying it was in final stages of review, and 2 days after that I received the positive assessment. They docked me 1 year work experience, citing it would take 1 year industry experience to meet the minimum skill level to be an R&D Manager.

Now the fun starts with applying for State sponsorship and then submitting my EOI :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ABG