Step by step

Shaunohan

Hi guys,

Could anyone please give me a step by step guide as to what I should do to get the ball rolling for mine and my families move to Perth.

Do I have my skills assessed 1st? Or do I submit an EOI or apply for a visa?

I would be most appreciative of any easy step by step suggestions.

34, married with 3 children. Working in the UK at present as a Health and Safety Auditor and 11 years experience and qualifications upto a Masters degree in Health and Safety.

Decide which visa you want and visit Skill Select. This should help you with some of the requirements. There is a wealth of information on there and on this forum (using the search tool)

That being said....

Check you can get the required amount of points (assuming you go for PR on a 189 or 190 visa or such like?)

Check your job is on the skills list. Find out who can assess your skills.

Get your skills assessed.

Do any additional tests (IELTS/PTE) you need for points.

Don't submit your EOI until you have everything you say you have (such as relevant and assessesed work experience and/or Superior English Language).

You will be invited to apply for a visa based on this information and any discrepancies, intentional or otherwise will void your application.

Consider using an agent (MARA Registered). Not because it's the right thing to do, but because it's the right thing for some people to do.

I'm sure others will be along soon with some great advice.... I'm in my 5th year of a 7 year plan to apply for PR so my experience is all theoretical!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I first checked my occupation was eligible for migration. Unfortunately not on the sol so 189 was out. However it is on the CSOL so I had to go down the state sponsorship route. Next step was to see which state was sponsoring. I then applied to have my skills assessed (This took a Looooong time to come back - 17 weeks) Unfortunately for us by the time we received the skills assessment back all states had stopped sponsoring my occupation (just something to bear in mind if you choose to go down the 190 route)

Anyway NSW opened up to us so I then sat the English test to boost my points. Once I had the points I needed I them submitted my EOI. NSW sent an invitation to apply mid December. This came back 12th January along with an invitation from Skillselect to apply for the 190. Hopefully lodging tomorrow.

So in a nutshell for the 190

1. Skills assessment

2. English test (If needed)

3. EOI

4. State sponsorship

5. 190 application

6. Medicals & Police checks (When requested by CO)

7. Make your move and enjoy your new life in Australia

Good Luck

Archived