questions regarding applying for independant skilled migration 189 visa

victoria

Hi there! I'm a new member to this poms in Oz so lets see how I go! :) I am originally from the UK but I am currently living in Germany for the past year and I cant understand the German forums... My German is not so great. Basically I am at the stage where I have now been invited to apply for the independent skilled migration 189 visa. :wink:But I have a few questions and I just cant seem to find the information or it has been conflicting.

1. Do documents need to be certified or is it enough to scan the coloured original documents into the online application without being certified..?

2. A few documents including my partners birth certificate and police check need to be translated. Of course I would also scan the original but does the translated copy need to be certified?

3. From personal experiences how long did it take to hear anything back after submitting all required documents to apply for the visa.

I feel a bit stupid as it seems like I am totally unprepared, but I pushed the EOI out of my mind for a while as I wasn't positive on getting an invite any time soon. Any way I have all the required documents ready including police checks, English language tests etc but just need to maybe get them certified and translated. To make it a little more worrying, I am actually going overseas for 3 weeks mid Feb, so If they require additional docs etc in a specific timeframe I wont be in country suitable to do anything. So I need to get it right first time! :huh:

If anyone can help with these questions it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

If you upload colour scans, nothing needs to be certified.

Processing times can vary quite a bit. Some December applicants already received their visas while some from October/November are still waiting. So it's a bit difficult to predict. If they need any further documents from you, they'll give you 28 days to provide them or to respond with what you're doing to obtain the information.

Archived