AHPRA & ANMAC update

louloubelle

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So within 5 days I have received confirmation from AHPRA and ANMAC that I am eligable to register as a nurse and I can now go ahead with getting a visa. Great news for the new year, excited, nervous, scared all in one go :rolleyes:

Congratulations, i also had APHRA come back after xmas and am just about to send ANMAC off. How long did ANMAC take? I was expecting APHRA to take a while but was only 8 weeks hoping ANMAC will be just as speedy? Was hoping to be out to Brisbane beginning of September?

Congratulations, i also had APHRA come back after xmas and am just about to send ANMAC off. How long did ANMAC take? I was expecting APHRA to take a while but was only 8 weeks hoping ANMAC will be just as speedy? Was hoping to be out to Brisbane beginning of September?

Hello. Once ANMAC had received my application, it took 1 week to process. I received my certificate 10 days after it was completed. I have just been invited to apply for the 189 visa, hoping to submit my application this week!! Exciting times ahead!! :)

Ahpra was received at the beginning of December but they requested further information on Christmas Eve - my references had put the number of hours per week I had worked. Anmac was relieved the 5th January but haven't heard anything yet.

eeek how exciting. Congratulations.

Hello. Once ANMAC had received my application, it took 1 week to process. I received my certificate 10 days after it was completed. I have just been invited to apply for the 189 visa, hoping to submit my application this week!! Exciting times ahead!! :)

Are you in the UK or Oz?

I submitted ANMAC around 15th Oct and they asked me for some info on 1st Oct, just my IELTs test results needed sending directly and my reference had forgot to date it so I needed to send an email. So I would say about 10 weeks altogetherwith Xmas and new year and Samford AHPRA. I was pleasantly surprised was e expecting far longer for AHPRA with all comments on here.

I didn't need to supply further documents, it was straight forward. I have been registered with AHPRA since 2013. I have already spent one year in Australia. Can't wait to go back! How many points do you have for your visa? I am in the UK.

Hopefully 65 points. Where will you be going back too?

You have to apply for full assessment even if you have the eligibility letter, I was hoping the same but no. You can only apply for modified once you are on the register by presenting in person in their offices. I'm about to send my application off this week, I may include my letter from APHRA it may help?

I got my AHPRA provisional registration letter today!

I just need to ask for extension as wont be over there till later this year, hopefully June time we are planning for. I've already got Anmac approved before Christmas and EOI came back before new yr, I'm filling in visa forms this week along with assistance from my agent. Hoping to submit this week/next week depending agent.

Time line:

ANMAC paid / sent 16-8-15 completed 11-12-15 almost 17 weeks including asking for extra doc/evidence, waiting for uni and NMC to send stuff.

AHPRA sent 16/10/15 completed 13/1/16 almost 13 weeks including sending more evidence and delays with other parties sending evidence i.e. university and NMC and there was Xmas holidays in that too.

EOI submitted 13 /12/15 invited 17/12/15 4-5 days turn around - had 65 points and applied just before a invite date.

I just emailed the lady who I was dealing with at AHPRAcand said I would need the extension I presume this is all you need to do??

Congratulations @Charlottehill76 is all a bit real now isn't it?? Where are you going? I'm going to perth hopefully back end of the year

Yes it it is exciting but scary at the same time!

my email said , just to email back to request the extension.

we are planning on Sydney as have friends there and that's where my husband spent time and always wanted to go back. we had in ur minds ASAP once visa approved but thinking June at earliest hopefully.

We are planning on selling our flat in the next couple months and move in with in laws to save a bit before going.

I just emailed the lady who I was dealing with at AHPRAcand said I would need the extension I presume this is all you need to do??

Congratulations @Charlottehill76 is all a bit real now isn't it?? Where are you going? I'm going to perth hopefully back end of the year

Yes a simple email is enough, it took them 2 weeks to acknowledge my request for an extension, someone else said they got an instant resposne, so as usual do not panic if you hear nothing.

We are planning on selling our flat in the next couple months and move in with in laws to save a bit before going.

Congratulations on AHPRA registration Charlotte, the visa itself should be straight forward!

Our house is up on the market and that is the final thing to sort out. Flights to Sydney are booked in June but not sure where we are going to settle yet, we plan to travel first.

I got my AHPRA provisional registration letter today!

I just need to ask for extension as wont be over there till later this year, hopefully June time we are planning for. I've already got Anmac approved before Christmas and EOI came back before new yr, I'm filling in visa forms this week along with assistance from my agent. Hoping to submit this week/next week depending agent.

Time line:

ANMAC paid / sent 16-8-15 completed 11-12-15 almost 17 weeks including asking for extra doc/evidence, waiting for uni and NMC to send stuff.

AHPRA sent 16/10/15 completed 13/1/16 almost 13 weeks including sending more evidence and delays with other parties sending evidence i.e. university and NMC and there was Xmas holidays in that too.

EOI submitted 13 /12/15 invited 17/12/15 4-5 days turn around - had 65 points and applied just before a invite date.

Hi! I've just (finally) had everything certified, sent ANMAC application off yesterday and completed my application for AHPRA. I was literally about to post it and noticed on the back that the application will only be valid until 31/05/2016. There's no way we'll be there before that date...what happens in these cases? I can't wait because the documents are certified with the date, and I'm keen to start applying for jobs.

Any advice massively appreciated!xx

Hi! I've just (finally) had everything certified, sent ANMAC application off yesterday and completed my application for AHPRA. I was literally about to post it and noticed on the back that the application will only be valid until 31/05/2016. There's no way we'll be there before that date...what happens in these cases? I can't wait because the documents are certified with the date, and I'm keen to start applying for jobs.

Any advice massively appreciated!xx

Do yo umean the date on the actual application form itself? These are changed regularly, you need to make sure you are using the latest version, I think you are refering to this date and it simply means that after 31/05 you will need a new form as the questions will change, however if you have already submitted before this date this is irrelevant.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. On the last page of the application forms on the AHPRA website it states:

"The annual registration period for the nursing and midwifery professions is from 1 June to 31 May. If your application is made between 1 April and 31 May this year, you will be registered until 31 May next year".

This implies that by registering now, the registration will only be valid until 31 May this year?

I think?! Confused!

Hi. Thanks for the reply. On the last page of the application forms on the AHPRA website it states:

"The annual registration period for the nursing and midwifery professions is from 1 June to 31 May. If your application is made between 1 April and 31 May this year, you will be registered until 31 May next year".

This implies that by registering now, the registration will only be valid until 31 May this year?

I think?! Confused!

Ah, this is refering to the yearly fees you pay, if your registration is complete in the last month before the year ends, they are saying you will still be registered for a full year before having to pay the yearly fees. If you are reigstered before April, then you will need to pay naother years subscription come 1st June.

I think that until you get your PIN you are not officially registered and thus do not need to pay the renewal fee, at least that is what I am expecting, when we land in June and finalise the application and get the PIN, my partner will then have 1 years full registration ebfore needing to renew.

I've got everything at solicitors getting certified just now. I've got 65 points too. Hopefully get ANMAC and AHPRA sent off next week. Scary to think how quick it could come round if I have done everything correctly (fingers crossed) then it's just save save save! I only qualified in September, so won't be going over until I have at least 12 months experience here. Keeping my eyes firmly locked on the new Royal Adelaide Hospital ...

Ah, this is refering to the yearly fees you pay, if your registration is complete in the last month before the year ends, they are saying you will still be registered for a full year before having to pay the yearly fees. If you are reigstered before April, then you will need to pay naother years subscription come 1st June.

I think that until you get your PIN you are not officially registered and thus do not need to pay the renewal fee, at least that is what I am expecting, when we land in June and finalise the application and get the PIN, my partner will then have 1 years full registration ebfore needing to renew.

Thanks! :)

Fingers crossed it goes through quite quickly for us all then!x

• 5 weeks later...

Archived